SAU Community

Engineers Certificate For RB30 Turbo

Beksr31silo

Hi all,

Currently I have just installed a turbo and supporting mods on my r31 silhouette which will in future become my daily driver. I am now just wondering the best possible way to get it legally on the road, it is currently registered. I've been doing some research about engineer certificates and a VASS certificate (I'm in Victoria) and just want to know if most of the modifications I have put in will pass the test. Currently it is running a top mount turbo, front mount intercooler, billet fuel rail with 1200cc injectors (stock intake manifold) and all the small little supporting mods. Also planning to install coilovers soon. It will be greatly appreciated if anyone can share their knowledge or experiences with similar situations and the legality of the mods i have carried out.

Huge thanks!

Yeah i hadn't done my research before i installed the parts, I figured install everything, pass the emissions and get an engineers cert. It's still possible to get the cert right? In no rush at all anyway car isnt gonna be on the road for the next probably 1-2 years. Any idea on how much its all gonna cost to get the car fully legal on the road? I was thinkin maybe around 3-5k hopefully