SAU Community

Road to 350 wheel hp / unknown torque. - Tell me your setup

20 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

This guy is definitely going to have all sorts of pain owning a car like this.

You have to upgrade pretty much everything to get 260kw. The only difference between what you need for 260kw and 560kw is the engine build part. Still need every supporting mod, and buying a 260kw turbo is much the same price as a 560kw turbo.

Thanks. I just spoke with drivermotorsports here in the US.

said same thing. Oddly some people say you don’t have to have everything others say you do. Why it’s so confusing. My bmw m2 was easy, this is a new platform and there is nothing dead on.

he said what you said, injectors, exhaust, manifold, haltech (I’ll prob go elite), downpipe, intercooler, Turbo, and a couple of other supporting mods.

I was interested in what everyone was using (brand - make) etc.. to see if I can come in under 6 grand.

again, thanks for the help. Very much appreciated. 

All of the brands and prices are likely going to be different here. These cars aren't new, and everyone here has been here for well over a decade and know the game.

Everything is custom made. Intakes for your turbo, manifolds, exhaust are all custom to every application. Lines, hoses etc - Custom to every application. Dyno tuning is custom to every car.

The G25/G30 Garretts are likely the simplest fit if you aren't doing all the labor yourself. Mainly due to the fact they're physically smaller. I would go a full race manifold simply because they're good, and USA based. All the stuff in AU will be going 6boost et al which are australian based.

Intercooler, eh - If you have a guy who is going to make you a full custom exhaust, it's not a stretch for the same guy to make up intercooler pipes to suit whatever core you have available locally that can fit. Same story for intake/pod/airbox if you want one of those.

If you can get a plug in ECU it will save a lot of time and heartache. 

----
You could go smart and forget about a custom manifold, and a custom turbo and get in touch with Hypergear for a truly bolt on applicaiton that will make the power. 350whp is possible with:

Stock exhaust manifold
Stock turbo that has hiflowed internals (which means it bolts up perfectly to stock lines, stock intake etc).

This will be much simpler, but you'll still need an exhaust of some description, though you COULD get away with an off the shelf dump pipe, making your exhaust guy's life much easier.

Still need an intercooler of some description, but you could get by with a return flow kit (blitz etc) that will work fine for that target. The only other fabricatory thing you'd need is some kind of metal intake to the turbo, as the silicon can suck shut under that much vacuum.

Still need ECU, Injectors, Coilpacks (likely), and fuel pump that isn't too hard to fit/mount, and make sure you get 14V to that pump instead of the OEM 12.

Will this perform as well as a full race/garrett small G series turbo to make the same peak power? No.
Do you care? Depends on your budget and very much on how much access to custom fabrication you have.

• Thanks 1

Heres some number for ya

injectors, 500

exhaust, 500

manifold,not needed

haltech (I’ll prob go elite) 1000

, downpipe 250

, intercooler 500

, Turbo, 1500

Clutch 1500

Diff 1000

Fuel pump 250

Tuning 750

Labor $$$x

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Heres some number for ya

injectors, 500

exhaust, 500

manifold,not needed

haltech (I’ll prob go elite) 1000

, downpipe 250

, intercooler 500

, Turbo, 1500

Clutch 1500

Diff 1000

Fuel pump 250

Tuning 750

Labor $$$x

Thank you both for that. 

exactly what o was looking for. I watched a sh.. ton of videos today about hyper gear and how much people like them. Mose likely will have to try and buy one without core and spend extra money.

They are trying to source mochimoto? Intercooler and will do the piping. Coil packs I was looking at the splitfire or r8. I did see the cost of r8 and it looked like 750.00 need to look at split fire to see what they cost.

Again, appreciative of the info 

6 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

All of the brands and prices are likely going to be different here. These cars aren't new, and everyone here has been here for well over a decade and know the game.

Everything is custom made. Intakes for your turbo, manifolds, exhaust are all custom to every application. Lines, hoses etc - Custom to every application. Dyno tuning is custom to every car.

The G25/G30 Garretts are likely the simplest fit if you aren't doing all the labor yourself. Mainly due to the fact they're physically smaller. I would go a full race manifold simply because they're good, and USA based. All the stuff in AU will be going 6boost et al which are australian based.

Intercooler, eh - If you have a guy who is going to make you a full custom exhaust, it's not a stretch for the same guy to make up intercooler pipes to suit whatever core you have available locally that can fit. Same story for intake/pod/airbox if you want one of those.

If you can get a plug in ECU it will save a lot of time and heartache. 

----
You could go smart and forget about a custom manifold, and a custom turbo and get in touch with Hypergear for a truly bolt on applicaiton that will make the power. 350whp is possible with:

Stock exhaust manifold
Stock turbo that has hiflowed internals (which means it bolts up perfectly to stock lines, stock intake etc).

This will be much simpler, but you'll still need an exhaust of some description, though you COULD get away with an off the shelf dump pipe, making your exhaust guy's life much easier.

Still need an intercooler of some description, but you could get by with a return flow kit (blitz etc) that will work fine for that target. The only other fabricatory thing you'd need is some kind of metal intake to the turbo, as the silicon can suck shut under that much vacuum.

Still need ECU, Injectors, Coilpacks (likely), and fuel pump that isn't too hard to fit/mount, and make sure you get 14V to that pump instead of the OEM 12.

Will this perform as well as a full race/garrett small G series turbo to make the same peak power? No.
Do you care? Depends on your budget and very much on how much access to custom fabrication you have.

Very valuable info. 🙏🏽 

This is too easy in the US...... Add a boost tee and CAI and run it up on a Dyno jet Dyno 😂

Gtx3071 internal gate, plazmaman Intercooler kit, 1000cc top feed injector kit, aero motive stealth fuel pump, link g4 plugin ecu, 3inch exhaust. Factory airbox with a 3inch pipe to turbo. Plan for a gasket kit and clutch. Leaves plenty of room for more power later. 

There is almost 20years of information on this site, easy to find information with a Google search. 

To make about 270rwkws on pump 98 fuel from a stock manual R33 GTST, this were the parts and costs from one of my older projects:

800cc Xpurt injectors: $600
Walbro 540L Fuel pump: $200
Adaptronic ECU with Air temp sensor: $1500
HyperGears High flowed stock turbo: $950
Turbosmart Boost controller: $100
600x300x100mm Aeroflow cooler: $230
JJR's FMIC cooler piping kit: $250
3inches turbo back exhaust: $550
3inches intake pipe with Pod: $200
Split fire coil packs: $650
Xtreme clutch kit: $1650
Dyno tune: $800

All up: $7680 Assume all mechanical work carried out by your self

Edited by hypergear
  • Like 2

And thats just for the motor.............brakes, suspension, rims, tyres/tires, HICAS lockout, and other supporting mods are also needed to turn the Tokyo Taxi into a Hiroshima Screamer.  So add another $5-10K

All too hard???? Just buy a fibreglass body kit and  get a harlequin paint job and cruise around looking the part :)

If you want a reliable 350rear wheel horespower, you need the following:

Nitto 3.2 kit
Shimless head with full cnc porting with 288 cams
albins sequential

With your stock turbo, you should easily be able to achieve the power you desire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1