SAU Community

Boost problem BNR32

Hey guys,

i got a weird problem with the boost on my BNR32 i cant really wrap my head around. The car came with a faulty solenoid so i just connected the two lines directly and the pressure rose to about 350/400mmhg mind you without restrictor. However if i just completely pull off the hose that connects IM and wastegates boost rises to about +7mark and then drops off in the high rpms to i guess +5/+6 on the gauge.

What could be the problem? It should make, even with the lines connected, +7/1bar shouldnt it?! Maybe BOVs leaking/ circling? Had the bumper removed before and found no obvious leaks. Any help would be appreciated..

Cheers Max

Connecting the two lines should be the same as just letting the wastegate line be open to atmosphere as long as the lines are hooked up like OEM. If that isn't the case then something is wrong, you may have an unexpected restriction on the lines that go back to the intake hose in front of the rear compressor intake.

13 hours ago, Max32 said:

Yup, thats what i was thinking... so i connected the WG bleed line back to intake with a new hose, just straight over the engine bay and it didnt change a thing so no restriction... 

I would inspect the turbos for shaft play/damage, it's possible something is broken there.

On 03/04/2021 at 12:04 AM, joshuaho96 said:

I would inspect the turbos for shaft play/damage, it's possible something is broken there.

Wouldnt i notice this in oil consumption? There is in fact a bit of oil in the intake but afaik thats pretty normal... per season/ ~2000km i need to fill up like 250ml of oil.