SAU Community

ECR33 picking up from California soon

samw/skyline

Hey everybody,

I've been a member of this forum for awhile and have had a few posts and comments, but have never made an intro till now. I lived in Japan for 2 years and during that time my daily was a 1996 ecr33 sedan and I fell in love. I left Japan in 2019 tho and I decided to pay to have my car stored until it was finally old enough to ship. Nearly 2 years later and that day has finally come just this past Friday. I'm just waiting for it to get unloaded and clear customs so I can drive to California and pick it up in my POS Nissan Armada then haul it home to Utah. It will take some time but once I have it home I will start working on it with the goal of 270~ rwkws or 360~ rwhp for Americans like myself. I'm using this link http://nissanskyline.6te.net/tuning_GTS25T2.htm as sort of a guideline and since my much older and naïve posts I've done lots more research with the help of this forum and a few facebook pages. Hypergears thread on here is incredibly helpful, especially their dyno testing and specs and their coverage on oil issues in the head.

So far the only major components I have are an Apexi PFC, z32 maf, Hypergear g3 21u, and a walbro 255. So I have a long way to go and am trying to do this build on a "budget" but still be reliable and powerful. I will continue to post as I make progress and post pictures if anyone is interested. Posts will be few and far between tho since I'm not very wealthy and will only be purchasing a few parts at a time. Any tips, advice, recommended parts, threads, forums, for sale new/used parts are always welcome. I've done nothing but read forums and scour the internet for the past 2 years to prepare for this, but I am sure there's something I've missed so any help is greatly appreciated. Wish me luck!

Cheers,

Sam