SAU Community

Correct water pump for 1998 RB25DE NEO

johanliebs

So I recently replaced the cam belt (100 000km) with a shiny new blue gates racing belt. Soon afterwards I could hear a wining noise and I replaced the idler and tensioner pulleys which made no difference. So the only remaining part running on the new cam belt is the water pump, yes I know, which I should also have replaced while I was at it.

So looking on eBay I get conflicting results of what fits RB series engines. Some recon that the their pumps only fits RB20/25, others only RB26/30, others all models and then lastly the "not series 2" type, whatever that means?

So I believe the RB25* NEO block is the same cast as the RB26, the RB26dett type water pump should fit right? But what is a series 2 engine? Is the DE NEO water pump the same as the DET NEO water pump? On the eBay pictures I can see some pumps with one of the bolt holes slotted. But then same picture is used for different types?

Anybody with personal experience please give some advice. Don't want to go through the hassle of returning water pumps and have no wheels for weeks. Cheers!

55 minutes ago, johanliebs said:

So I recently replaced the cam belt (100 000km) with a shiny new blue gates racing belt. Soon afterwards I could hear a wining noise and I replaced the idler and tensioner pulleys which made no difference. So the only remaining part running on the new cam belt is the water pump, yes I know, which I should also have replaced while I was at it.

So looking on eBay I get conflicting results of what fits RB series engines. Some recon that the their pumps only fits RB20/25, others only RB26/30, others all models and then lastly the "not series 2" type, whatever that means?

So I believe the RB25* NEO block is the same cast as the RB26, the RB26dett type water pump should fit right? But what is a series 2 engine? Is the DE NEO water pump the same as the DET NEO water pump? On the eBay pictures I can see some pumps with one of the bolt holes slotted. But then same picture is used for different types?

Anybody with personal experience please give some advice. Don't want to go through the hassle of returning water pumps and have no wheels for weeks. Cheers!

its the belt making the whirring noise mate.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...