SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Malar1898

R34 front Parking lights not working anymore

Changed the Headlights on my R34 today from Halogen to Xenon.

I had fitting wiring for the Xenon headlights which was convenient (i guess the Car had Xenons in Japan and got Halogens for compliance in Europe). So to test it i plugged one Headlight in and left the other (old one) plugged too.

Worked fine, then i changed the Parker-Bulb in the new Headlight to a LED one and heard a sound like a small fuse blowing up, and both Parkers werent working anymore.

Checked with different bulbs and all, but couldnt get it to work anymore. Finished up the job and both Xenon-Headlights are in, Low and High-Beam working just not the Parkers.

I checked all Headlight-related fuses in the Fusebox next to the engine, but none of them is blown.

Is there a Relay just for the Parkers or something like that? All Indicators, Brakelight and Low/highbeam is working, so thats odd to me.

Solved it!

Solution:

Dont know if my car has a weird circuit, but the "Taillight"-Fuse is actually also the fuse for the front Parkers.

I guess while plugging the new bulb in, it got shorted and i didnt check the Taillight Fuse at all.

Works now!

11 hours ago, Malar1898 said:

the "Taillight"-Fuse is actually also the fuse for the front Parkers.

Normal on every car.