SAU Community

R34 front Parking lights not working anymore

Malar1898

Changed the Headlights on my R34 today from Halogen to Xenon.

I had fitting wiring for the Xenon headlights which was convenient (i guess the Car had Xenons in Japan and got Halogens for compliance in Europe). So to test it i plugged one Headlight in and left the other (old one) plugged too.

Worked fine, then i changed the Parker-Bulb in the new Headlight to a LED one and heard a sound like a small fuse blowing up, and both Parkers werent working anymore.

Checked with different bulbs and all, but couldnt get it to work anymore. Finished up the job and both Xenon-Headlights are in, Low and High-Beam working just not the Parkers.

I checked all Headlight-related fuses in the Fusebox next to the engine, but none of them is blown.

Is there a Relay just for the Parkers or something like that? All Indicators, Brakelight and Low/highbeam is working, so thats odd to me.

Solved it!

Solution:

Dont know if my car has a weird circuit, but the "Taillight"-Fuse is actually also the fuse for the front Parkers.

I guess while plugging the new bulb in, it got shorted and i didnt check the Taillight Fuse at all.

Works now!