SAU Community

SAU NSW - Dyno Day @ JEM - Saturday 22nd May

sammi_d

It is finally happening - SAU NSW's Dyno Day, hosted by Just Engine Management (JEM)!

SAU NSW Dyno Day Details
Date: Saturday 22nd May 2021
Time: 7:30am arrival (Dyno runs will commence at 8:00am)
Location: Just Engine Management, 2/2 Noonan Road, Ingleburn NSW 2565

Here's what you need to know:

Vehicles:
All vehicles will be separated into groups, to assist the JEM team with running all vehicles on the day. All vehicles will be separated into 3 groups: 2WD, AWD, vehicles over 500kW. Any vehicles that are expected to be below 500kW will be able to run on the standard dyno, however, any vehicle that is expected to be over 500kW will need to be run on the Hub dyno.
Please ensure your vehicle is free of any fluid leaks, and does not have any loose or unsecured items/parts. SAU NSW and JEM staff reserve the right to inspect vehicles prior to dyno runs, should a vehicle be suspected of not being in a suitable condition to operate on the dyno.

Pricing:
All pricing for the day has been separated to reflect vehicle type and requirements. Pricing to enter your vehicle is as follows:

Members Prices:
2WD - $85
AWD - $110
Cars over 500kW (Hub Dyno Required) - $160

Non-Members Prices:
2WD - $100
AWD - $125
Cars over 500kW (Hub Dyno Required) - $175

Entry prices provide you with 1x dyno run and associated graphs, which will include power, boost and air/fuel ratio, plotted over estimated RPM range.

Entries have been capped to a maximum of 40 cars for the day!

On the day:
Entrants are required to arrive at 7:30am to sign on, and to be organised into groups by SAU NSW and JEM staff. All entrants are to park on Noonan Road, and make their way to the SAU NSW tent to sign on. SAU NSW staff will be available on the morning to guide entrants on where to park.

As instructed, entrants will be instructed to retrieve their car, and bring it into the JEM carpark, for JEM staff to load vehicles on the required Dyno. All cars entering the JEM carpark will be guided to enter through the Williamson Road entry gate. After the Dyno run has been completed, entrants will be able to retrieve their car, and park again in Noonan Road (or as instructed).

Please ensure your car has sufficient fuel to complete the dyno run. Any further instructions will be provided by SAU NSW and JEM staff as required.
SAU NSW will be holding a sausage sizzle on the day for all to enjoy! Our latest merchandise will also be available for purchase! Both will be available at the SAU NSW tent.

A coffee van will also be available on the day to satisfy all of your caffeine needs!

SPECTATORS CAN ENTER FOR FREE!

All attendees must follow SAU NSW and JEM instruction at all times.

SAU NSW may film and photograph the event, for the purpose of event coverage, to be placed on SAU NSW social media sites and website.

To keep inline with the NSW Government's COVID requirements, we will have the following rules/requirements:
- A QR code will be available for all to scan at the SAU NSW tent.
- All people joining us will be required to check in upon arrival.
- Everyone will be required to maintain social distancing of 1.5m at all times.
- SAU NSW staff will be monitoring attendees for social distancing and will have the event QR code for all to scan.
A copy of SAU NSW's COVID Plan is available to view on our Facebook page.

One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general.
When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to:
• Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly.
• Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should.
• Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly.
• Any misbehavior will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.

17 hours ago, Jasoncauser said:

Does the car need to be registered?

As in, can a unregistered Track Car go on?

Cheers

Jason

Howdy @Jasoncauser! Yes, track cars are fine on the dyno! Obviously you won't be able to operate the vehicle on the road though...

1 hour ago, r32-25t said:

There’s a quiet street right next to it

@Jasoncauser - What @r32-25t said... Noonan Road is the 'side street' that you can unload in. I'd suggest getting to the venue a little earlier than 7.30am (say 7.00am?) so you can have time to unload and get the car into the carpark.

Thanks for the reply Guys.
Good call on getting there early :)

Im keen to get it on a different dyno as the one ive been on was at a 4wd mechanics.
It was a dyno Dynamics roller but the shop (My Mates) works on 4wd's, not performance cars so not sure if their dyno may have been setup different.

Cheers

Jason

1 hour ago, Jasoncauser said:

Thanks for the reply Guys.
Good call on getting there early :)

Im keen to get it on a different dyno as the one ive been on was at a 4wd mechanics.
It was a dyno Dynamics roller but the shop (My Mates) works on 4wd's, not performance cars so not sure if their dyno may have been setup different.

Cheers

Jason

Mainline will read lower, and if that weather station is connected, even lower again (if the dyno cell is cold).

You could be silly and cover it LOL.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...