SAU Community

RB25DET-Neo Loud "Whining/Wirring" Engine-Noise, Timing Belt?

duuude thats the exact same sound i had when i bought my car. i dont care what others say about dumping money at thing to fix it as this is sometimes the play. its not expensive to do a timing belt, water pump, and the pulleys and hardware. the pour thing probably needs it anyway. nice car mate take my advice and just do it. it may be that other vct thing but im unfamilar with those cam setups. im going to guess 9é10 its a timing belt and tensioner issue cheers.

• Thanks 1

and now that i see you have a hks timing belt ive seen those make wierd sounds too. just do the timing belt with the oem belt and be done with it. do the water pump at same time

Yea ill just do a timing-Belt job with pulley, tensioner, waterpump, everything.

Had a Call with the Garage the Car got the Engine rebuild early 2020, they told me they did everything aswell, sent me recipes and stuff.

Maybe the Belt is just a bit too tight, maybe the HKS Belt just whines like a Gates Belt, maybe its soon f**ked. Therefor ill just change it. Timing Belt and Pump is Pocket Money compared to a Engine-Job

6 hours ago, Malar1898 said:

Yea ill just do a timing-Belt job with pulley, tensioner, waterpump, everything.

Had a Call with the Garage the Car got the Engine rebuild early 2020, they told me they did everything aswell, sent me recipes and stuff.

Maybe the Belt is just a bit too tight, maybe the HKS Belt just whines like a Gates Belt, maybe its soon f**ked. Therefor ill just change it. Timing Belt and Pump is Pocket Money compared to a Engine-Job

thats what i was trying to say at the start and then mates started saying dont throuw money at it. well look where we are at now lol. anything under 1000 dollars in this game is peanuts mate. go back to an oem belt the hks ones are only good with hks cam gears. the gates belt is fine. i run 700 on a stock timing belt never had an issue

there is a certain amount of deflection the timing belt needs when your doing it. just take you time its not to bad. you use an allen key to put a little extra pressure on the belt from the  tensioner.  turn the motor over a couple of times by hand makes sure the timing belt isn't walking. i would replace the bottom washers as well but not ideal. let me know if i can help. cheers mate. take your time no rush. you have a nice car give it the respect it deserves forsure then you will be boosting again.

12 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

there is a certain amount of deflection the timing belt needs when your doing it. just take you time its not to bad. you use an allen key to put a little extra pressure on the belt from the  tensioner.  turn the motor over a couple of times by hand makes sure the timing belt isn't walking. i would replace the bottom washers as well but not ideal. let me know if i can help. cheers mate. take your time no rush. you have a nice car give it the respect it deserves forsure then you will be boosting again.

Thanks man

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

The Visco-Fan had a damaged Clutch and it wasnt spinning freely. That was the noise in high RPM.

At the same time the fancy HKS Belt left his color on the Tensionier and was tensioned too hard, that caused the Idle Noise.

Changed both, she purrs now.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Thread bump as mine is making a similar sound. Changed water pump, cam and crank seals, gates racing belt, idle and tension bearings, tension spring, new crank gear/washer/bolt. On a cold engine the sound isn't as loud but warmed up it whines alot. All searching here points to a tight belt, can this be done without draining coolant and removing radiator? Thanks in advance.