SAU Community

Actual auction price

yangys

Hi, my agent has bid for a car successfully for me from USS Nagoya, and has sent me an invoice to pay. As USS auctions are not publishing the results, how do can I find out the actual bid price? Does the USS auction give some paper to the agent as a proof of the bid price? What kind paperwork I can ask the agent to privide to me as a proof of purchase?

Whats that Auction number and car details. Ill see if the information is still avail.

Any good agent would send you a screenshot of the details as courtesy.

If in at auction i sometimes video record it for the customer.

My suspecision is triggered by the fact that the agent passed me an invoice to pay, and not the auction record. On checking the USS auction record, the record for my car has been removed. Removing of an auction record is a paid service by USS. Why someone would pay to remove an auction reocrd, if it is not for the purpuse of hiding something? It is virtually impossible to tell whether an importing agent is trustworthy or not before doing a business with them. 

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

I can't even trust half the agents I've met over here in Japan. Who know's how you'd go about it from overseas.

The safest way would be to just buy it from someone with a good reputation - I've heard Rohab is good but can't vouch for it. Otherwise you can go over to Trust Kikaku but expect a price premium. Even once you get past finding a trustworthy agent, part of the problem is the cars aren't always trustworthy; you'll find 4s that should be R-rated and vice versa. You'll never know unless you can get a reliable third-party to check it over for you.

Good luck to anyone seeking to import via an agent.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, yangys said:

Hi, my agent has bid for a car successfully for me from USS Nagoya, and has sent me an invoice to pay. As USS auctions are not publishing the results, how do can I find out the actual bid price? Does the USS auction give some paper to the agent as a proof of the bid price? What kind paperwork I can ask the agent to privide to me as a proof of purchase?

Who was your agent and are they from here or in Japan? did your agent video call you while they're bidding on the car? normally they wouldn't bid beyond your budget unless you have given them to okay to keep going. Even after the bidding end your agent would have the record of the final bid if not then it could be a money scam. Always go with someone with a good reputable company or import agent.

• Like 1

Buy one from any other country that has imported them there are quite a lot of skylines for sale here in Australia depends what your looking for or try a land locked country where the chance of rust is much less

Edited by Dasmbo