SAU Community

Need a car trailer (and someone / something to tow it)

blind_elk

Driving home from Emerald to Tarneit yesterday, got to FTG, pulling up at a set of lights, and the clutch pedal in the 32 dropped to the floor. Worked out that the piston was falling out the back of the clutch slave cylinder. Surmise either the clutch pressure plate has collapsed, or the fork has collapsed.

Anyway, having trouble finding a trailer to get the car home. If you can help at all, please sms me - 0421 331 954. If necessary, I can pay fuel costs, etc for your help.

TIA.

Probably pivot ball snapped, happened to me coincidently in an R32 also. What are you like at rev matching? If you do alright you can just drive it, i've done it a few times in different cars though its a bitch in the city. Just get it into first, turn the key to start it in gear and away you go. To stop just put it in neutral, stop then turn it off, put it back in first gear ready to go again.

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

Yeah agreed elk...surely you can drive home with no clutch (as long as the battery/starter are good and not too many traffic lights :) )

I drove for a week in gq patrol with no clutch. Even reverse paralell parked it. That was exciting (put in low range for that one)

Can't have done the engine bearings any good