SAU Community

Problems with Q60's and Q50's

Hey guys i thought i might start one of these up so we can post any problems we are having and any fixes or places we got problems fixed.

To start i have this problem when i go through a touchless carwash, I loose throttle response about 3-5 mins after the carwash is finished. Also my brake lights start randomly flashing. This goes away by the next day. I'm assuming water has got somewhere it shouldn't. 

Nissan has ordered some part they think is responsible (wait and see)

Also my passenger window stopped. I can still open and close with the keyfob.

These both should be done on warranty but some at Nissan say they don't do Infiniti warranty and others say they do.

I rang Infiniti Aus and they say Nissan does do the warranty. 😵

But they are my 2 problems i have.

My local Nissan dealer cried and ran to mummy when I asked them if they can help with Infiniti parts/services.  I called infiniti about map updates and they said 'any nissan dealer can help', but my local dealer just said 'nope, we can't help with infiniti parts as we can't order them'.

I asked them if they can do a wheel alignment on a Q50 with DAS, and they freaked..

I am thinking of ordering my own Consult 3 plus clone to this sort of stuff myself.

That said, I haven't had any real problems, the intouch system took ages to boot up once, but after the next restart it was fine.

you might need to do the window relearn on the passenger window.  does the auto up/down work from the drivers door switch?

Edited by sonicii

nah the switches don't work.

I got a call from Infiniti Aus last night, they told me they got in contact with the general manager of Nissan WA who called my local dealer and told them to fix my car and do the warranty work on it. 😁WIN!!!😁 I would have loved to been a fly on the wall for that call. My local Nissan have been real hard to deal with.

Just waiting for a call this morning with date and time to drop my car off.

• Like 1

I would've loved to have heard what Nissan's WA GM told the guy too. I don't understand the reluctance to work on a vehicle that has all its technical resources managed by Nissan Japan. They really don't have any excuse to not work on these things when they're officially sold through the Australian channel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, V35_Paul said:

nah the switches don't work.

maybe silly question, but it isn't the window switch on the driver side?  my Q50 has a switch to disable all windows except the driver window.  guessing on the Q60, that would only be the passenger window.

3 hours ago, The Max said:

They really don't have any excuse to not work on these things when they're officially sold through the Australian channel.

Probably pissed that Infiniti limited their sales/support to a few select dealers in capital cities, now they want all dealers everywhere to support cars they never sold or have had any experience on.  That said, they have the 400Z on the way, so they should be keen to get familiar with the mechanics of an Q60 RS.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sonicii said:

maybe silly question, but it isn't the window switch on the driver side?  my Q50 has a switch to disable all windows except the driver window.  guessing on the Q60, that would only be the passenger window.

both sides and both switches don't work. 

yeah, the driver side and passenger switches don't do anything if you have the passenger window lockout enabled, only the driver window will work.  that said, I haven't tried using the remote with the lockout enabled.

the button at the bottom -

s-l1600.jpg

EDIT - wait..  the drivers window doesn't work either?  in that case, yeah, something is faulty..

Edited by sonicii
add image.

16 hours ago, sonicii said:

Probably pissed that Infiniti limited their sales/support to a few select dealers in capital cities, now they want all dealers everywhere to support cars they never sold or have had any experience on.  That said, they have the 400Z on the way, so they should be keen to get familiar with the mechanics of an Q60 RS.

You would think that would be good incentive. Not only that, despite not having the experience and though this is a harder one to diagnose in finding the path the water takes, they still get paid for the warranty work they perform. Unless they're absolute dopes, they're not going to take an eternity to work on them for Nissan to put any kind of unreasonable upper limit on what they get paid.

44 minutes ago, The Max said:

Hmmm. Time to break out the multimeter for someone! :)

Sorry guys

The window controls on both sides that control the passenger window do not work. Drivers window works.

But now that you point out that switch i'm going to go have a second look.

I never even seen that button, the door handle covers it. Oh wow do i feel silly 🙄

Ok great window is fixed (but never broken), 1 problem solved.

Just need to fix this throttle

• Haha 1

Yeah, if I had a dollar every time I missed something and felt silly...  :)

Better to feel a bit silly here than in front of the dealer..

Unfortunately I doubt the throttle issue will be as simple.