SAU Community

Buy 370z over R33?

7 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Nothing can save the R33 from looking like a 1995 Maxima powerfully buttf**ked a 1996 Magna.

Oh my eyes ! My eyes ! You've burnt out my eyes !

Oh the humanity ! It looks like a Magna ! Noooooooooo . . . . . . . 

I'm selling mine now because of this !

55 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

No. The only socially acceptable thing to do is crash it into a wall.

Oh now you tell me ! 

I've already thrown it sideways several times, screaming MAGNA MAGNA, into the gutter on both sides trying to get it onto its roof and then burn it !

Dam you guys really know how to take the fun out of things.

And now I've got to fix it so I can be socially acceptable !

16 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Aren't these the cars that everyone else says drive like a bucket of shit?

I've never driven a bucket of shit.

Just going from v35 to v36 to the V37/Q60 is a huge jump up in every way 

23 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

350 and 370 are just bastard Renaults and I couldn't live with one. At least the 400Z has dumped a lot of the Frenchness - not that I can afford to waste that much money on a car so my opinion on that matter is moot.

Nothing can save the R33 from looking like a 1995 Maxima powerfully buttf**ked a 1996 Magna.

Just wondering what do you drive?

One of the reasons R33 and the like are selling for what some deem “dumb money” is the same reason you’re struggling to find something you like this side of 40k...they were always an underpriced vehicle in my opinion. At 10k I was spruiking them the performance bargain of the century, now here we are!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/07/2021 at 11:20 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

R33 shitbox theft is back on the rise, there was a good period of time noone wanted to steal them - those days are long gone lol.

The rise in their cost has increased the parts prices, owning a few "warm" Skylines is the shed is like money in the bank

If you want your stolen parts back Facebook market place and Gumtree are apparently the place to find them

And with every man and his dog rebuilding them.......it's an open market for parts

My mate is a copper and theft of all the older popular models is rampant apparently, they have some task force thing going on but I'm not sure of its success, the theft of old cars isn't high on their to do list I assume

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2021 at 10:36 AM, robbo_rb180 said:

Depends, I have driven a few supercharged/turbo Zs from 260 to 450kw. Fun with all the modern things. 

Now after having my 370 for a while it's not a great car as daily driver. No room for groceries, not good on rough/poor condition roads (Townsville to Brisbane 1400km one way) and getting in and out of it. Mine is a nismo so suspension and seats are different but nothing different to Coilovers. I was going to turbo it but have given up on that as would ruin its reliability and could go buy a 2nd hand bmw/vw and not have to change the whole fuel system, cooling and other bits. 

Was going also going to sell my Rb25 sil80 but it does a few things better than the Z. 

Also depends if you are going to track it as Z needs decent oil cooler to help temps but employee software everything else is good to go. 

thanks for the information