SAU Community

How did Nissan screw up the oiling system on the rbs so badly?

26 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

If the correct strategies are in place, as well as a decent oil pump gear set you'll be fine.

Running a soft fuel cut is one of the options, sure it doesn't sound sick (bang bangs etc.) but it won't be lunching up motors.

If anyone has seen me at a skid pan, I literally just sit on the limiter :)

How well does a soft fuel cut work? Thinking about it in my head I can't imagine how you'd run on say 4 cylinders without causing a lot of weird vibrations.

1 minute ago, joshuaho96 said:

How well does a soft fuel cut work? Thinking about it in my head I can't imagine how you'd run on say 4 cylinders without causing a lot of weird vibrations.

It cuts 1 cylinder at a time to meet the RPM limit, as you cut cylinders you reduce torque, cut enough and you will be below the RPM limit.

According to Haltech, it randomly cuts cylinders one at a time so each cylinder has time off.

And true to your point, you expect some weird harmonics because you're cutting cylinders and the adjacent ones are still operating at full capacity. You could run ignition timing correction before the RPM limit to reduce torque too.

I would like to add the ridiculous length of the oil feed, with a very rough 90­° machined/drilled bend in the block, right after the pickup trunk. I think I measured about 50-60cm of pipe and channel from the oil pan to the pump. Perhaps it is not a killer but it most likely will not help either.

When rebuilding my 25, I did what I could to that corner and ported the oil pump too while I was at it.

Edited by tsuokun
typos