SAU Community

3D Racing Solutions

Exodus01

hey,

anyone used 3D Racing Solutions (https://3dracingsolutions.com/)? I put an order in on the 30th December and at first they were quite responsive and advised there were delays, when i chased up after the ETA I was told next week (approx 15th Feb).

I received an email saying they had an issue with the design and are fixing this. I am happy to wait as i need the part.

I have since made several attempts via facebook and email and have received no response.

If anyone has any alternative way to contact them it'd be much appreciated.

i suspect it will be an absolute pain in the arse to print that part without a shit ton of supports. 

it will also show up a shit tonne of layer lines which will require a fair bit of post processing, fillering and painting (which i believe he does to most dashes anyway), he's probably flying through the easier jobs first.

Still, it wouldnt hurt to reply to your customer base!

yea agree its a heap of work, if its a main listed product of yours i would expect you have priced appropriately to make it worthwhile and actionable within a timely manner.

I dont mind waiting i just want to know im not forgotten / its getting done (and if not refunded).

Thing is, if he's already developed it then all of that work is already done, he doesn't have to redo the print design every time he prints one. Literally just press print on it. And then there's a couple hours work in bogging and painting it, so it isn't a heap of work at all. 

Obviously if he has 3 months of orders stacked up and one printer than that's going to be where the hold up is, but he's gotta talk to you in that case. 

On 09/05/2021 at 7:51 PM, Exodus01 said:

hey,

anyone used 3D Racing Solutions (https://3dracingsolutions.com/)? I put an order in on the 30th December and at first they were quite responsive and advised there were delays, when i chased up after the ETA I was told next week (approx 15th Feb).

I received an email saying they had an issue with the design and are fixing this. I am happy to wait as i need the part.

I have since made several attempts via facebook and email and have received no response.

If anyone has any alternative way to contact them it'd be much appreciated.

Hey @Exodus01!

The guys over at 3D Racing Solutions have been under the pump lately... They're actually back-logged on orders, and have stopped taking additional orders at the moment!

I know the owner, and have messaged him to try help you out. Will keep you posted on a response.

8 hours ago, Exodus01 said:

Thanks Sammi, they did respond to me and apologised, they are expecting shipping this week.

Perfect! I just got word from the owner about the same thing! Glad things are back on track! 😁

• 2 weeks later...

just an update, guessing my order was not at the painter and ready to be shipped as my order was just cancelled... I did receive a full refund (thankfully). extremely disappointed, coming up to a 6 month wait + the tease of it almost being ready and now nothing and also now have no way to fit the ic7.

Edited by Exodus01
  • Sad 2

Nice build mate, hectic work!!

I'm going to see if I can model one myself..  im terrible at 3d printing ahha.. was thinkin I'd buy a new mfd outer shell and see if I can print an inner bracket to fit it https://vegaautosports.com/collections/r34-gtr-skyline/products/mfd-hatch-dash-finisher-to-suit-nissan-skyline-r34-gtr

If there is a 2D dimensions sketch available for the IC7, then I would be happy to adapt the drawing I've done for an AIM MXS into the factory MFD surround.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just beware with the factory MFD surround though, for one it is very small - not sure on the IC7 dimensions, but the AIM dash literally only just fits and is in fact cut off by a few mm. And second, it isn't actually flat, the bottom of it sits forward because the OEM MFD has a second piece of trim that covers the gap. So you will have a 15-20mm gap in between the bottom of the display and the MFD surround. 

• Like 1