SAU Community

My mind is at a loss here, would like some light shed on this please and thank you

Bought my self an rb25det neo wgnc34 to install on my a31. 

The engine came with an ecu and everything that is needed to get the car running. The engine is bone stock, i only have modified the exhaust, i have a 3 inch pipe all the way to the back with a magna flow muffler at the end. 

When the engine was installed the car ran great for 1 week then i started to notice some problems. Bad idle, loss of power, and sometimes the car will surge and would not let me pass 2.5-3 rpm. 

I changed the maf sensor and added new plugs, that got ride of the surging and the car is now running well, only problem is that its running super rich.

The interesting part starts now. I though my car would need a tune and it should run fine. So i started to look at the ecu and the engine and doing research so i can get my self a compatible aftermarket ECU. 

While doing research i realized the ecu that is currently have on the car belongs to an NA stagea, is that possible?

During the first week the car was getting into boost and i was feeling the turbo and hearing it spool and i can feel the car get into boost, is that possible with an NA ecu?

Could my car be running rich because it has an ECU that is incorrect?

The ecu number is 23713-0v711

• PranK locked this topic