SAU Community

V35 engine swap

Hi guys

Looking to swap the engine on my 350gt.

I would absolutely love to swap an RB into it... or maybe a barra ! I know an LS swap would be the best and easiest out there but I'm not looking for that. I'm looking for something a little unique and cool like a barra or rb.

What are your guys thoughts on this ? I know the rb swap has been done before not sure about the barra. 

Would love some ideas/inspiration on this project. 

Cheers

31 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

is the car being road registered and whats your budget?
 I'd be checking local laws for modifications if wanting engineering & rego.

Would like to have it on the road one day. But would be a long term project

1 hour ago, BASHERnissan said:

Would like to have it on the road one day.

Sigh. What jurisdiction would you be wanting to register it in?

Aware that ADRs and state rego authorities make it quite difficult to register an engine transplant to an older engine than the car?

My vote? Mercedes V12.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Sigh. What jurisdiction would you be wanting to register it in?

Aware that ADRs and state rego authorities make it quite difficult to register an engine transplant to an older engine than the car?

My vote? Mercedes V12.

I like RB's

3 hours ago, BASHERnissan said:

I know an LS swap would be the best and easiest out there but I'm not looking for that

Always a great plan to not choose the logical option.spend heaps more cash for a worse result. But at least you will be different!!!!!

You "may" be able to register a late model RB engine into a 350GT, last R34 was 2002, 350GT from 2002 ????, so maybe, but why, there is much newer, better, lighter and cheaper bang for buck stuff out now

LS3

You will need to engage an engineer first before even starting, no point in doing it if the engineer won't sign off on the "swap kit" or mods you want

Want different, throw in one of those new 5.2 BOSS engines in from the Mustang, those things sound wicked

VK56 if you want to stay loyal.. but a very tight squeeze and will be outperformed by an LS..
I like the idea of something different, but you will need deep pockets to be a trail blazer..  Depends what your goal is I guess.

• Like 1