SAU Community

Any interest in a Carbon RPS Triple for BNR34 ?

I have been searching for a clutch that ticks all the box's.

I found RPS make these for the supra - https://www.realstreetperformance.com/rps-carbon-triple-disc-carbon-9-3-inch-steel-flywheel-2jz-gte-supra-getrag-v160.html

Big HP

Streetable

NO RATTLES

Getrag friendly

Light / stock pedal.

Pull Type.

I have spoken to real street and they said they would be interested in collaborating with RPS to make a BNR34 version if we have 5+ orders.

I might be dreaming but would there be others here interested in such an item ?

Doesn't seem that impressive for a carbon on carbon and actually seems like a big backwards step comparing to the ATS - riveted carbon facings to metal plates and no floating centre hub.

You realise this is a carbon button plate clutch (carbon pads fixed to steel plate) vs an ATS or Exedy true carbon plate clutch ? A complete carbon friction plate wears down much thinner, wear flat and don't warp, but also much more expensive by design.

4 hours ago, Butters said:

Big HP

Streetable

NO RATTLES

Getrag friendly

Light / stock pedal.

Pull Type.

Which of these is the most important ? Some compromises need to be made somewhere, as people getting big big HP behind a Getrag switch away from Dual mass flywheels and are not concerned with multiplate disengagement rattle.

Personally if it were me and I had to have a really light clutch, be street friendly and hold big power behind a Getrag I would just ditch the dual mass flywheel, ditch pull actuation, accept some multiplate rattle and use a ATS spec II carbon triple. This is the lightest pedal you'll get from a clutch that can hold 1000whp+ depending on pressure plate clamping force.

If the dual mass flywheel and rattle is a concern the ATS silent carbon twin as you were looking into, limited to 700whp. Ticks all boxes except is a push type and doesn't come with flywheel.

If a light pull type at over 700whp is a must then the ATS dual action carbon twin or triple. But again, no dual mass flywheel and has clutch disengagement rattle.

All true carbon friction plates, floating centre hub, relatively light pedal and streetable but does mean expensive.