SAU Community

next car after V36 Sedan ?

I have a 2012 SP V36 sedan. Im thinking its time to move on. The question is what (import) next?  Price is an issue as I landed the V36 for mid 20's on the road So I would like to keep in that up to 30K range. 

Ideally have a turbo and be a GT.

I have been sniffing around the skyline V37 in japan to see if the VR30DDTT models may have had something nissan OZ didnt register (thus blocking SEVS). For instance the VR30 models seem to have shipped to USA as both RWD and AWD but OZ seems to only have got RWD version in VR30 (OZ AWD was the hybrid).

So if not a V37, what else for 30K import with turbo?

I have an older V36 Sedan, I am kinda digging the Fuga hybrid as my next option; prices in the mid to high 20s, 268kw, and fuel consumption that is apparently 5.5L/100km

I was in a similar situation a few years back, at an 09 V36 3.7 sedan and loved it. But had an accident and it was never the same afterwards...

Moved to a 2012 Crown Majesta, 4.6 for more power and comfort, but missing my Nissans, and once the covid tax etc. has calmed down, will most likely get, as above, a Fuga, or even AUS Infiniti Q50 or Q70, Hybrid. Would love a turbo for pops and bangs though.... 🙂

Would not touch a Toyota Crown Hybrid, as they are all CVT... My personal decision not a reflection on the cars...

Edited by nickcorr

7 hours ago, LineItUp said:

268kw, and fuel consumption that is apparently 5.5L/100km

yeah, nah..  basically the same drivetrain as the Q50 hybrid..  best I can manage is low to mid 6s on the highway if I baby it, city driving is high 8s.  These hybrids are not built for economy.  They use the electric motor to boost performance, improved economy is a bit of an nice after effect, but not the goal.

8 hours ago, mybrains said:

For instance the VR30 models seem to have shipped to USA as both RWD and AWD but OZ seems to only have got RWD version in VR30 (OZ AWD was the hybrid).

Then just look for the Q50 RWD Hybrid.  according the below page, the AWD red sport will do 0-100 in 5.2sec, the RWD hybrid will do 5.1sec.

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/performance/2017/2512070/infiniti_q50s_3_0t_red_sport_400_awd.html

this is why V37 has me interested. lots of options to hot up later. locally shipped is still big money (thus looking for options to import say a cheap 2016-2018 Q50 AWD VR30DDTT.

13 hours ago, mybrains said:

thus looking for options to import say a cheap 2016-2018 Q50 AWD VR30DDTT.

Can you even import them?  they may say they are too similar to a locally sold model and therefore don't qualify.

2 hours ago, sonicii said:

Can you even import them?  they may say they are too similar to a locally sold model and therefore don't qualify.

Its a bit like the local nissan 200sx (silvia in japan). We got S14 and S14a models. We didnt get S13 or final S15. Thus you CAN import a silvia but only S13/15 models. Same with V37 - Nissan has dropped infiniti in AUS now so current model after a certain date should be importable (2021). Too expensive though. Now if we can find "rare" older models not sold in AUS (like the AWD version VR30DDTT) and its was available in japan, we may have a loophole. No harm trying, eh?

Pete

Edited by mybrains

You would have to go through the process of applying to the Aust Govt to have it added to the list. .I don't expect that would be an easy process, but I guess you could try.

But considering they didn't allow the import of the AWD V35 despite never selling any models here, it might be a rough process.

The current list -

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/sevsindex.htm

Also, would they be that much cheaper?  you could get an AuDM RWD hybrid for mid $20k, I don't know if you would get a AWD RS imported, complied and registered for any less?

10 minutes ago, sonicii said:

You would have to go through the process of applying to the Aust Govt to have it added to the list. .I don't expect that would be an easy process, but I guess you could try.

But considering they didn't allow the import of the AWD V35 despite never selling any models here, it might be a rough process.

The current list -

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/sevsindex.htm

Also, would they be that much cheaper?  you could get an AuDM RWD hybrid for mid $20k, I don't know if you would get a AWD RS imported, complied and registered for any less?

Does anyone have info on how to apply to add to sevs list?  I am interested. Also once we get 3 years from the date infiniti stock in australia was made, we can get good prices on import v37. I know they announced shutting down Infiniti in Sep 2019. I assume the stock on the floor was made sometime mid 2019. This would mean ~mid 2022 we could import 2019 models from japan of the 400R in japan (Q50 400HP red in AUS) - japan part number 5BA-RV37.

Why 3 years ? Japanese wty on new cars. Then they start dumping them to auctions.

PS This is the facelifted model with GTR look grille btw.