SAU Community

Replacement turbo for RB25DET

Hello, i am looking to replace my turbo for an original or direct replacement for my -95 R33 GTST with an RB25DET. I have been looking online but cand find a oem turbo or a simmilar bolt on turbo... Can anyone help me?

Be aware that a Hypergear turbo is not really a direct replacement from an engine management point of view. They make more boost and flow than the R33 ECU will be happy with. Talk to Tao about your options to keep the new turbo not so far away from the capabilities of the stock turbo so the ECU doesn't shit itself.

5 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Then just get a @Toshi remapped R33 ECU (yes it is possible, only very select people can do it) for 1bar boost, FMIC, stock injectors, stock MAF, better fuel pump etc.

Should give you about 190~210kW at the rears.

I have gotten contact with one who has a original Turbo, the rest of the engine is not original though. I have an Apexi ECU, biggee injectors and some stuff inside the engine. 

1 hour ago, Spokig said:

I have gotten contact with one who has a original Turbo, the rest of the engine is not original though. I have an Apexi ECU, biggee injectors and some stuff inside the engine. 

Should have said so before. All our warnings and information about not going too big on the turbo can be ignored. A bigger turbo would be fine. Probably better to spend a bit more on something new rather than a stock ceramic time bomb.

Just now, GTSBoy said:

Should have said so before. All our warnings and information about not going too big on the turbo can be ignored. A bigger turbo would be fine. Probably better to spend a bit more on something new rather than a stock ceramic time bomb.

Yeah but the thing is the car inspection does not like bigger turbo, i have an Garrett 34xx already but i want it to "look" original so it can pass inspection. So as soon as it has passed inspection i can swap back go the better turbo. 

So i wont boost it more than 0.8 and map it to as close to original as possible then have a map with the better stuff.