SAU Community

Newbie - HCR32 with supercharged LS1 V8 GTST

Hi all,

Here is my little drift pig, needs some work.  

This forum seems like a ghost town, the posts are few and far between.  Is everyone posting on FB these days, or is there another forum I'm not aware of?

Cheers,

T. 

R32 12.jpg

31454466 - Copy.jpg

Edited by V8 GTST R32
  • Like 5

There is nothing new under the sun.

Build threads have a fair bit of activity for general "This is my plan/this is what I am doing" sort of things.

Gonna have to ask you - Is that the CAPA charger kit? Asking for a friend.
A friend is me, who has a LS in a R34 and figured it 'should' fit. Clearly does.

18 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

There is nothing new under the sun.

Build threads have a fair bit of activity for general "This is my plan/this is what I am doing" sort of things.

Gonna have to ask you - Is that the CAPA charger kit? Asking for a friend.
A friend is me, who has a LS in a R34 and figured it 'should' fit. Clearly does.

Hi there,

Yes, it’s a CAPA. Fits nicely. This one is rated up to 775hp. Should be enough. I like the instant torque  

Cheers,

Any idea which one you ended up going with? I've had that page open for several years, figured there would be some compromise (I need AC, psteer, street legality lol)

I'm making the assumption you've got enough skills to put a LS in, adapting an intercooler kit to fit it would be no worries (at that point)

Oh well, enjoy the road less travelled (relative to me!)

21 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

Any idea which one you ended up going with? I've had that page open for several years, figured there would be some compromise (I need AC, psteer, street legality lol)

I'm making the assumption you've got enough skills to put a LS in, adapting an intercooler kit to fit it would be no worries (at that point)

Oh well, enjoy the road less travelled (relative to me!)

V3-SI

it has PS, no Aircond  not Street legal lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, V8 GTST R32 said:

V3-SI

it has PS, no Aircond  not Street legal lol

Is the no aircon dependent on the pulley for the charger? Or just because its a pain in the ass and not required. From what I read about the Capa kits they dont mention losing aircon for the commodores, so I assume their solution continues keeping stock AC...

One of the things I got heavily recommended was the Crow solid tensioner kit, to avoid throwing belts when you back off throttle at high RPM, instead of the spring loaded one. Something to look into before it becomes a problem for dorifto!

22 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

Is the no aircon dependent on the pulley for the charger? Or just because its a pain in the ass and not required. From what I read about the Capa kits they dont mention losing aircon for the commodores, so I assume their solution continues keeping stock AC...

One of the things I got heavily recommended was the Crow solid tensioner kit, to avoid throwing belts when you back off throttle at high RPM, instead of the spring loaded one. Something to look into before it becomes a problem for dorifto!

Fitting the Aircond is on the to do list, maybe, no great hurry. Do you have a link to the crow kits? Can’t seem to find anything with the Google. Wouldn’t want the pig to throw a belt. 

I'm thinking that the future of crowded conversions is to use EWP and EPS pump and free some space next to the supercharger/alternator for the air-con compressor.

But then....now that we're in the era of stop-starts, hybrids and electric cars - air-con compressors with electric motors are going to have to be worth a look at also.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:26 PM, V8 GTST R32 said:

Fitting the Aircond is on the to do list, maybe, no great hurry. Do you have a link to the crow kits? Can’t seem to find anything with the Google. Wouldn’t want the pig to throw a belt. 

Sorry I had to re-google. Comp cams make one, not Crow, I knew it was some cam company..

There's also various copies out there, or other versions

Billet Belt Tensioner for GM LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6 and LS7 (compcams.com)

I bought this one on the advice of the VASS engineer who suggested I should get one, can confirm it installs easy, works perfect, seems good etc etc.