SAU Community

O2 sensor plug front vs rear r34 gtr

Can someone please confirm if o2 oval plug is front or rear and square plug is front or rear? because part listings at kudos and efi for lambda sensors seems opposite to the scanned copies of manuals online, though not sure the manual is correct given they come from random downloads. The first pic comes from nissan epc via Amayama but it is hard to see the plug is drawn differently. In fact one of them I found labels both plugs as "rear" -- ugh.
Since I removed my bad sensors to install new ones I can't even check my car anymore. ecutalk seems to agree the square plug is (R) for Rear -- if the second voltage is "rear" and the first voltage is "front".

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

Is it the case that either loom plug can reach to either sensor without looking overly stretched, etc? Surely there's one physical configuration that looks natural and one that looks less natural.

If you put it all together and run it, you could probably find out directly if you have ECUTalk by pulling #2 injector plug or coil plug while running and look to see which sensor reacts. Whichever sensor reacts is the front one. If the ECU thinks it's the rear one, just swap.

both sockets are same place and both sensors have similar wire length.

good idea on pulling a coil plug that would make that bank rich for sure so I will try that to settle it if necessary.

nissan epc which is the origin of the snapshot pic of two cables says -24u00 is the front sensor and -24u01 is the rear and has gotta be authoritative,

(the ecu pinout diagram I pulled from the r34 “supplement-I” manual seems misleading).

so front, -24u00 is square plug, but on ecutalk showed as the second voltage number which is why I started double checking if I had installed them wrong to begin with.