SAU Community

Lost almost all my coolant overnight (Plugged heater core it seems?)

4 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Thats pretty normal actually. What you have to watch for, Check your coolant reservoir after a run and the car is hot, if the level is high or overflowing, you have a compression leak from HG. 

It's not overflowing currently. I assume you mean if it does I have a HG problem. I put it above the full line a tiny bit today, seems the same will keep this thread updated. When I originally made my post, I didn't realize at the time but I drove home with probably minimal coolant in there but my temperature gauge didn't rise, hope that didn't cause damage.

Edited by silviaz

On 6/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, Rusty Nuts said:

Thats pretty normal actually. What you have to watch for, Check your coolant reservoir after a run and the car is hot, if the level is high or overflowing, you have a compression leak from HG. 

Hey it's looking great so far, I'll probs provide some images tommorow, but no coolant has been lost over last few days and especially today took for a long drive and it was fine. I did notice the reservoir i initially filled it a tiny bit above the full line and it did rise slightly maybe by 1cm or 2cm, i heard this is normal as water / coolant expands when hot.

13 hours ago, silviaz said:

Hey it's looking great so far, I'll probs provide some images tommorow, but no coolant has been lost over last few days and especially today took for a long drive and it was fine. I did notice the reservoir i initially filled it a tiny bit above the full line and it did rise slightly maybe by 1cm or 2cm, i heard this is normal as water / coolant expands when hot.

20210626_115729.jpg

20210625_094009.jpg