SAU Community

Paint touch up on r32 GTR KH2

Hello all! Hope you are well. I just have a quick question. I have a few small chips in my paint and I'm looking to get a touch up bottle of paint for this. I have a 1991 R32 GTR painted in KH2. When looking for KH2 I find allot of Charcoal Pearl Metallic KH2 and obviously that's a different name from Gun Metallic Grey KH2. The code of KH2 is obviously the same but names are different. Did Nissan just change the name at some point but they are the same paint or if I buy the Charcoal Pearl Metallic KH2 it will be different from my current paint on the car. Thanks for the help in advance. Have a wonderful night/day and I look forward to hearing from some of you!

21 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Metallic touch up paints bought at a distance are a waste of time.

Take it to a trusted crash repairer and get them to match and mix you up a small amount for brush touching.

Thank you! Yea ive thought about this im just not sure how much thats gonna run me. I will look into it thought so thanks for the advice. 

29 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Does it really matter?

No it doesn't matter I'm just asking for hell of it... It matters in the sense that its easier to find a charcoal grey metallic KH2 touch up can over a Gun grey metallic KH2 can. Also cheaper. 

I think my point is more..... what does it matter if you go to a shop and get a matching mix for, say, $100, vs. spending $30 on a touch up pen that doesn't match. You're not blowing your money. You are spending your money correctly (when you spend more to get proper stuff).

• Like 1

They are likely going to be different colours. Best way to know for sure is still going to be to go to a paint supply shop and just ask them to compare the Hex code for the two colours.

And then while you're there, get them to mix you up a can for cheaper than you would pay to get off-the-shelf non-matching junk.

• Like 1