SAU Community

r32 /r33 gtr fuel module connection

boomtheroom

3 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Assuming you don't need the loom as well, I probably have a couple of them available as I don't use them on the race car, however, I don't know which unused plug it would be

Where are you (location on profile would help)?

True.. Sorry about that 😆

NAh dont  need the loom just the white male connector in the picture it is soldered inside to the main board just need the whole plug with the legs as one piece desoldered from the pcb

1 minute ago, GTSBoy said:

If it were me, I'd just replace the socket on the module with one sourced to match a new loom plug from something else. Deustch, etc. The module's socket could be on a short flylead coming out through another hole in the case.

nah it has legs directly part of the male prongs ,which are then soldered to the pcb

well I guess that makes dropping by the try some plugs difficult and postage may make the whole idea unfeasible. But if you want to see, just measure inner the physical dimensions of the socket and I'll see if I can find the plug.

Unsoldering the socket from the PCB and replacing with a flying lea may still be easier and cheaper, if you aren't confident an electronics tech could surely do it. That is how the TV input on my cima was done because I didn't have the plug

3 minutes ago, Duncan said:

well I guess that makes dropping by the try some plugs difficult and postage may make the whole idea unfeasible. But if you want to see, just measure inner the physical dimensions of the socket and I'll see if I can find the plug.

Unsoldering the socket from the PCB and replacing with a flying lea may still be easier and cheaper, if you aren't confident an electronics tech could surely do it. That is how the TV input on my cima was done because I didn't have the plug

im actually wanting to use the socket in the unit to make another harness so i dont have to cut up my original one..If that makes sence

The original body loom ends in a plug with female electrical connectors in it, yes? Then just make your loom extension with separate male pins that you can plug directly into each female recepticle on the existing body plug and throw some heatshrink around it to hold it all together. maybe a spot of hotmelt glue between the wires underneath the heatshrink to provide some mechanical strength. This would all be reversible without leaving any sign that it was there.