SAU Community

R33 GTS-T and GTR front subframe difference

Hello.  

I am using a R33 GTS-T shell to mock up a custom turbo kit for my GTR, as I'd like to keep the GTR on the road while I make the turbo kit i'm using a GTS-T R33 Shell as a template.  I'll fit a RB26 to it however what I want to know is whether the GTS-T subframe will clock (angle) and position height wise the RB26 the same as a GTR subframe.

I'm unsure where the differences in GTS-T to GTR subframes lie, I assume it's in the drivers side for the AWD component clearance. 

Cheers

3 hours ago, Duncan said:

My understanding is the subframe and for that matter strut area, is totally different between 2wd and 4wd so I don't think this will help you.

That's definitely the case on R32, but I'm not so sure on R33/4. The tops of the towers, upper suspension arm mounts etc are the same between 2wd and 4wd on them (obviously not between 32s and the later ones) and 32s definitely have a completely different subframe and chassis rails between the 2wd and 4wds. But I _think_ that the R33/4 subframes and rails are a lot more similar to each other. There's still an issue with the space for the driveshaft. Just don't know enough either way to be sure.

Having said all that......I think, if you were to bolt an RB26 into a GTST, using RB25 mounts, it would be very likely to end up at the same installed position relative to the car as if it was in a GTR on 26 mounts. Just my gut  feel, not even broscience.