SAU Community

Anyone V8 swapped their 350z?

Hi forum,

First post. Are there people on this form, in Australia, who have swapped a V8 in their 350z, Nissan V8 or an LS motor? The stock VQ35 is amazing. Especially the in-cabin noise of even the stock exhaust sounds exotic—however there’s something really special and charming about a 2-seater sports car with a V8 engine and a manual transmission.

I’m also wondering if replacing the rear storage tub in the back of the 350 with rear seats out of the G35 (been done) would allow for baby seat installation. I mean how would one have anchoring points/ISO FIX in the rear of a 2-seater car?

Edited by Zb28

It's probably the only way to make the Z33 & 4s palatable. The rest of us think that the VQ3X engines sound like complete arse. Nasty mooing V6 noise.

I was only thinking the other day of grabbing a cheap 350 to put an LS3 into. But then I realised that I also don't like the way that they look.

But yes. It's a good idea. Lots of fun** to be had trying to make the various electronics talk to each other though.

**ie, not fun.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

The only good sounding V6s come from Italy.

Dunno....I really liked the sound of the Ford Capri 3000 GT from the '70's.....and I'm no Ford fanboy, not even close.  But they did get that Capri right IMO.