SAU Community

R32 gtst interior options? (sedan)

Just wondering if anyone has info and pics on interior colour options / trim levels on R32 GTS-T Skylines, 4-Door? 

Can't seem to find anything on the Web about which ones came with what interior 

And the reason I ask is I have a 1989 R32 Sedan with the greyish/browny interior and would be keen to change it eventually to the much cleaner looking dark grey/black interior that I have seen in some sedans. Rear seats and door cards (but mostly the seats) are the main thing, as any front seats can work and carpets and mats are easy find new, so can these be found somewhere reliably 2nd hand or even new? And what models came with this, is it a type m interior? Later model R32? Would make it easier to find what I'm looking for if I knew more about it, so thanks in advance for any answers and information 

There was really only 1 interior in almost all the R32s imported into Australia, because only the ones worth importing (Type M, or whatever you want to call it) were imported. It's the same thing as the GTR, just different seats.

So most of us haven't seen any of the other pov spec interiors. The 4 doors had slightly different seats because they didn't need to be tiltable.

There was a lot more variety in the R33 space, because so many more pov spec 33s were brought in.

Yeah I've seen most the coupes seem to have the same or similar interior but unfortunately rears won't fit mine. 

Here's what my 1989 Sedan came with compared to what i want (the darker version, images found on google) 

The only info I can ascertain from the Google pics is that both cars in the photos with dark interiors were 1992 models, and at least one was a Type M 

So yea if anyone knows how to get a hold of these I'd appreciate it 

IMG_20210628_142406.jpg

IMG_20210628_142412.jpg

IMG_20210628_142416.jpg

IMG_20210628_142432.jpg

images (30).jpeg

images (31).jpeg

images (32).jpeg

This

images (30).jpeg

is the Type M material. I'm not sure about the other dark grey/charcoal material that doesn't appear to have the same pattern in the centre sections.

The brown berber material on yours is definitely the pov pack material. The seats aren't appreciably different, just different trim.

I wouldn't expect that you'd have a lot of luck finding good stuff. There's not very many of them in wreckers any more. My original 1993 seats are showing their age (moreso the fronts than the backs that never get used!), and they are likely some of the best ones still out in the wild. You might have to consider paying for retrimming.

2 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

This

images (30).jpeg

is the Type M material. I'm not sure about the other dark grey/charcoal material that doesn't appear to have the same pattern in the centre sections.

The brown berber material on yours is definitely the pov pack material. The seats aren't appreciably different, just different trim.

I wouldn't expect that you'd have a lot of luck finding good stuff. There's not very many of them in wreckers any more. My original 1993 seats are showing their age (moreso the fronts than the backs that never get used!), and they are likely some of the best ones still out in the wild. You might have to consider paying for retrimming.

I'd definitely consider retrimming if I can find the right material, but that could turn out to be as much a mission as finding these rear seats 🙈 

As for the fronts I still don't know if I'll run buckets or oem so I'm not too pushed on getting them, plus I can use coupe ones so they'll be relatively easy to find. 

Might be worth seeing if they can be sourced from Japan... 

44 minutes ago, Chopstick Tuner said:

if I can find the right material

Yeah right! As if. But besides, surely this would be an opportunity to use a vastly better material than the not-very-good material that was stock?

45 minutes ago, Chopstick Tuner said:

Might be worth seeing if they can be sourced from Japan.

Even more yeah right, as if! Every R32 was imported with at least 1 cigarette burn in the seats. Mine had 2 and it was only in Japan for 6 years. Imagine what a car that has been in Japan for nearly 30 years will look (and smell!) like. Not for me.

On 28/06/2021 at 6:38 PM, GTSBoy said:

Imagine what a car that has been in Japan for nearly 30 years will look (and smell!) like. Not for me.

I didn't realise it was believed the Japanese were so much grubbyer than Australians 😂

Also with regards to material, I like old school interiors in old school cars lol I don't want modern custom in an 89 skyline 🙈 just my preference

10 minutes ago, Chopstick Tuner said:

I didn't realise it was believed the Japanese were so much grubbyer than Australians 😂

Not grubbier. But they all smoke like f**kwits and the cars are not considered "special" by as many people there as here, so they get treated like your typical Aussie bogan's Sigma station wagon. 2 minute noodle juice and ball sweat deeply ingrained into the seats then seared in with dropped cigarettes.

12 minutes ago, Chopstick Tuner said:

I like old school interiors in old school cars lol I don't want modern custom in an 89 skyline

So just use a grey velour. There's nothing old school about the Nissan fabric except the pattern. There's plenty of seat velour available with equally vague patterns on them.

10 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Not grubbier. But they all smoke like f**kwits and the cars are not considered "special" by as many people there as here, so they get treated like your typical Aussie bogan's Sigma station wagon. 2 minute noodle juice and ball sweat deeply ingrained into the seats then seared in with dropped cigarettes.

So just use a grey velour. There's nothing old school about the Nissan fabric except the pattern. There's plenty of seat velour available with equally vague patterns on them.

Don't you understand? Old Japanese, smoke ball sweat and 2 minute noodle juice is what gives the car heritage! Especially if it's CONFIRMED OEM JDM Japanese second hand smoke, ball sweat and 2 minute noodle juice.

I wish I was joking.