SAU Community

Is my r32 skyline gtst fixable ??

Deltx

Everything is fixable 

The only person who could quote this with any accuracy would be a smash repairer

But, with the stupid prices these things are going for it may well be worth the outlay, which I assume would be large, even for a fix with basic respray 

Or, better still, give it to me.....

If it would have been be sellable (before crash) for anything >$20k, then it is very likely fixable. Provided the insured value is the same.

I had the front of my car extensively destroyed about 9 years ago when it was probably <$10k value and the cost to repair was ~$6k. The insurer came super close to writing it off.

Parts will be more expensive now, which could make your repair price a lot higher than the $6k mine was, but so long as the fraction of (insured!!) value is low enough, they will repair. But, if your insured value is market, or agreed at <$15k....it might be a touchy area. The insurers are generally not willing to admit that the market values are as high as they appear to be.

Yeah, my mate stacked his 86 into a wall last year and bent the front-right chassis rail. It all got fixed in the end and set him back about 600,000 JPY. That included fixing the crumpled wheel well, straightening the chassis leg, all the body parts, windshield and paint. There's a guy near me that seems to pull chassis legs straight all the time on old Toyotas and then there's the Yashio Factory guys that cut and weld the entire front sections of Silvias. You can get it done but budget high.

Tolerances probably won't be perfect but you can likely get it pretty good.