SAU Community

R34 GTT Climate Control Unresponsive

Jakevus

Hey firends,

I know theres been a bunch of posts on this before, but all are slightly different problems then mine so I thought I'd ask again.

My climate control was working perfectly earlier this year, blowing nice cold or hot air as desired. The LEDs and display worked fine as well.

Then suddenly my clock on the display just started counting up minutes very fast, as if the minute adjustment button was held down. Because the clock was constantly being adjusted none of the A/C controls worked either. I thought it might be stuck down or making bad contact so I took apart the module, nothing looked out of the ordinary, I even plugged it back in while still apart to make sure no buttons were touching but the clock still went up.

A week later my clock decides to chill out and no longer counts up, which brings me to my current problem I need help with: the clmate control module is completely unresponsive. The led backlights still work and clock still displays, but none of the buttons do anything. Can't turn on the A/C and also can't change the time. It's just completely unresponsive.

If anyone knows a way to fix it or how to troubleshoot some potential problems that would be much appreciated, would rather not go straight to shop and fork out cash.

Edited by Jakevus
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an M35 stagea with similar issue.  bought it like this.  I suspect mine may be to do with installation of aftermarket stereo.  I have another m35 which works fine except the reverse camera and nav screen doesnt work.  I was told that putting after market stereos make the screen off due to plugs not all compatable. SO I will pull out both stereos and and have a look.  DId any of you have any luck?

• 1 month later...

i had an almost identical issue to whats described. 

managed to get lucky and pick up a second hand unit relatively cheap. 

after installation of the new unit, i went back and had a good look at old ac unit and noticed that the 3 main solder joins on the back were alll cracked and not making proper connection, didnt bother to test the theory, but its somthing to look into. 

i also had the same issue with the boost sensor in the engine bay. the one  leading to the centre gauge.

solder was cracked leading to poor connection, chucked an iron on it and - good as new. 

I have done a little of this with my gf's civic type R where they have some bad solder joins on the main display thingy those cars have.

This issue is popping up more and more frequently from people on FB with R34's with the whole minute thing going nuts, so it would be well worth investigating next time someone has this issue. I haven't had this issue. but I am mentally preparing for that day when it comes...

a lot of the "old school" as in pre-milleninal soldering would be fixable as they're relatively easy to see (the tracks, joints).

I would recommend re-flowing all the joints just for the hell of it, as most likely a dodgy joint might be the issue.

Otherwise, replacing the newer units' components may be difficult.