SAU Community

M35 manual swap

MDog

I have an autech axis-s m35 stagea and am fairly keen to manual swap it so I figured this is probably the best place to ask. How many here have experience with manual swapping an m35 stagea, will all the necessary drivetrain and interior parts on v35's and 350z's swap over relatively easily or will there be lots of modification and fabricating required? Cheers for any advice and tips. 

I only know of one workshop that has done it, not sure about people doing it themselves. It's pretty straight-forward, just need to extend the starter motor cable as it'll sit on the opposite side.

It's also recommended to get an aftermarket ECU as the revs don't drop quick enough when backing off to shift.

• Thanks 1

In that article it states "G35 Infinity right hand starter motor – due to the M35 left hand side starter motor hitting the added turbo drain hose/turbo feed on the V35 sump, it is best to convert it to the drivers side as there is a lot more room. We purchased a G35 starter motor from the USA."

This wouldn't be necessary in my case right? As I have a RWD VQ35DE rather than a Vq25det so the stock sump should mate to the trans and not need any modifications. Either that or I'm being stupid, prove me wrong if I am

• 10 months later...
On 7/16/2021 at 7:14 PM, Akshunhiro said:

I only know of one workshop that has done it, not sure about people doing it themselves. It's pretty straight-forward, just need to extend the starter motor cable as it'll sit on the opposite side.

It's also recommended to get an aftermarket ECU as the revs don't drop quick enough when backing off to shift.

This can all be changed within the ecu logic. 

The problem in the past is that people have manually swapped cars, and the ecus are sitll running the automatic logic functions. It isnt going to end well unless these things are changed.