SAU Community

R34 Tail Lights Always On

OSH1FT

Hey guys, bit of an odd one - The tail lights in my r34 won't turn off - NOT the brake lights, i've had the rubber stopper problem in the past, the brake lights function perfectly fine. 

I've checked all over the internet and it seems like a really uncommon problem - wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to troubleshoot it -i'm thinking potentially it has something to do with my headlight stalk? But in all my years of owning these cars i've never had this problem.

Would love any ideas on things to try - I cant really drive the car if I have to disconnect the battery every time I park it.

Cheers,

On 25/07/2021 at 12:43 PM, GTSBoy said:

Do you have the wiring diagram? If not, get it.

You got a link to one mate? I've just had a look, and even unplugged the headlight switch and they're still on.

Only diagram I could find online seemed to be pointing to a tail lamp relay which I don't believe actually exist lol

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like you might have a short circuit somewhere (short to power) 

i havent had a 34 before but some of my other cars mainly subaru had a seperate switch that activates the parkers (tails) when the car was off. 

Sounds like you might have a short circuit somewhere (short to power) 

i havent had a 34 before but some of my other cars mainly subaru had a seperate switch that activates the parkers (tails) when the car was off. 

edit: have you checked the foglight switch???

• 1 year later...

Hey @OSH1FT how did you go with fixing the issue?

I’ve just come across the same thing with my 34. Tail lights are on, along with my dash lights and the headlight warning beeper. Headlights are operating fine.