SAU Community

V36 - tuned with decent results

I finally finished my mods and then got

it tuned and happy with the results, 201kw at the wheels. 

Jez at DVS Tune did it via uprev with the pro licence. 

Mods were Stillen Gen 3 long intake, custom exhaust from headers back with HFC.

I found it more responsive and had a ball driving home via old pacific highway. 

3BB57669-5599-43DA-A5F1-5D155EE6F65D.jpeg

• Like 1

That is a great outcome considering the easy mods.  Do you have single or dual intakes?

I'm waiting for the uprev guys to release the update to support HY51 and will then start with something similar, I had assumed I would need to address the headers as well but you've got good results without that hassle

On 7/27/2021 at 5:19 AM, Paramour said:

Dual intakes and installed myself, probably got the most benefit based on bolt ons.

7F6DCC0A-AFB8-47F4-856C-84FB84B06905.jpeg

Did the long intake give you a nice sound from the engine bay after install?

I had short intakes and only got a very little improvement on sound on my V36.

Unlike the V35 "Z tube" intake makes a huge improvement 

Absolutely yes you can hear a difference, here is a video of my Dyno run so you can hear it a bit.

a worthwhile investment and they look fewer as well, easy to install but takes time due to making the openings bigger in the plastic. A few ratchet spanner’s will be your saviour in this job. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gday Paramour

I read the bog stock V36 will typically give 280HP/208KW at rear wheels from several sources e.g.

The 280 RWHP equates to ~320HP/238KW at the crank (15% drivetrain loss). This aligns with Nissan specing the engine at 245kw in Japan, abet brand new on 100 octane in ideal situation.

If your measuring the RWHP at 201KW with mods (270HP) then you MAY be down on power over stock.  Now before you panic, I have found Dynos and Dyno operators vary a lot - So if you did a dyno run before and after on the same dyno and saw a considerable gain in HP, its probably fine and the dyno is just set conservative. 

If not - then the heads cant breathe well enough to take advantage of your intake and exhaust. Maybe look at how the Z1 package got engine 400HP/300KW. You may be able to either ship over parts or at least copy them (i.e. grab manifold from a wrecker and port them ?).

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-products/z1-motorsports/370z-g37-vq37vhr-400hp-package-p-7223.html

Also what about adding switchable 98 / E85 tune maps so u can gain more power this way?

To get even better flow, the cams need to be swapped (JWT). I found a few vids on how to do this and you DONT need to remove the motor. You do need to remove most of the front end stuff like bumper, radiator etc to access them. e.g.

hope that helps.

Pete

On 8/6/2021 at 9:05 PM, mybrains said:

Gday Paramour

I read the bog stock V36 will typically give 280HP/208KW at rear wheels from several sources e.g.

Keep in mind he has a 350GT v36. so running the VQ35HR.

The VQ37vhr i have with the 5AT pulled 217rwkw after a tune, however my mates v36 with a VQ35HR topped out around 210kw.