SAU Community

Engine light on after service

Good day I bought a nissan skyline GT250 v35 v6 it had a 190000kms on the clock when I bought it , it was misfiring I checked the plugs and coil packs and found one coil pack was damaged I replaced it along with all 6 spark plugs, oil , oil filter , air filter basically I serviced the car after I serviced the car I took it for a test drive and the car gave a jerk and the engine light came on does anyone know what could be the problem please help.

Ok so I had the car put on a diagnostic machine its saying the whole right side bank is showing misfiring,  when I took it to the mechanic they tested the right side bank and found that the middle coil seems to be a issue however when they take the sensor off that particular coil there is no difference but its sparking so I am not shore can someone perhaps help 

What spark plugs did you use?  I would personally limit the options to NGK or Denso.

There is no 'coil pack sensor', the ECU determines coil pack misfire by measuring the current delivered to the coil pack when it is triggered.  There a coil pack can still be generating a 'spark' but that isn't sufficient to determine if a coil pack is good or bad.  You really need to swap it out, or swap it with another cylinder.

They can fail under load, or when hot/cold, only when the weather is humid, etc.

If you are seeing coil back faults on all 3 cylinders on bank 1, I would also be looking for something common like a grounding point on bank 1 head, check body grounds in the engine bay and engine grounds.