SAU Community

Has anyone heard of or tried Mertop Racing Products > https://mertopracing.com/

They're fabricating/ manufacturing intake and exhaust manifolds for a few car manufacturers, including Nissan.

Wondering if anyone has tried their stuff, especially on RB's? I've ordered a front-facing intake, not for any performance gains but mostly asthetics. I'm awaiting shipment so haven't yet seen the finished product and quality. Fingers crossed

Yeah wouldn't even bother, be same quality as all the other linglongcheap stuff. 

Performance will be worse especially low and mid range. Done back to back testing on Dyno. 

Seen a few of these style manifolds either require more matching of flanges or split under pressure. 

This is the only inlet intake most people should be using https://plazmaman.com/product/rb25-r33-inlet-plenum/

I have used standard and genuine greddy manifolds and the plazmaman is the best option. 

• 4 months later...

UPDATE (for what its worth): 

My experience with this company was not ideal but somewhat surprising. I ordered a Forward Facing plenum with fuel rail and throttle body from a local 3rd party who controlled all the shipping and customs clearing. I'm not entirely sure if some of the problems with my order were down to the 3rd party or Mertop, themselves. Anyway, here's a rundown: 

Part took all of 5 months to ship. I ordered the part in black powder coat with a blue anodized fuel rail. The part arrived polished with a black powder coat fuel rail :facepalm: However, to my surprise, the quality on the welds looks exceptional (I mean, its a visual inspection without using dye-pen or anything, but still looks pretty good). Straightness on the mating surface is almost there but not perfect. It was good enough for an experienced builder to look at it and tell me that the gasket will take up that play. It was really about 0.5mm off towards one corner only. The aluminum construction is going to save me so much weight compared to the stock RB25 cast item. Internal welds and construction also could not be flawed, but anyone's guess if it will starve the rear cylinders without seeing any CFD. 90mm throttle body looks ok but I'm no expert here. Fuel rail is just a straight piece of steel with holes drilled in it (what else would you need?). The package also came with some fittings for coolant and water-meth injection if needed. For what I paid, it looks alright visually, here's hoping it holds up under boost :fingers_crossed:  

IMG_20211130_150857.jpg

IMG_20211130_150847.jpg

IMG_20211130_150450.jpg

IMG_20211130_150500.jpg

IMG_20211130_150343.jpg

• Like 1