SAU Community

R34 GTR 6speed "upgrades?"

Is there any options? Im about to crank up the power a bit more in my GTR, Running 707awhp today in the car and the gearbox does feel really good in general.

However i feel its dumb to push the gearbox further and risking it would there be any Upgrade options to a R34 gtr or is it just to go straight to a PPG/samsonas/Quaiffe gearbox?

The car is mostly used as a Road car so i would prefer not to hear the whines from a Sequential

• Like 1

im in a similar place with similar power.

half of the bits in the getrag are becoming rocking horse shit (try to find an input shaft)

neat gearboxes are commissioning parts to be made by albins, but they are pricing them like they have a monopoly.

only thing you can do is ISF polish the gears and go to a billet centre plate, next step is the big boi boxes.

On 02/08/2021 at 5:02 AM, burn4005 said:

im in a similar place with similar power.

half of the bits in the getrag are becoming rocking horse shit (try to find an input shaft)

neat gearboxes are commissioning parts to be made by albins, but they are pricing them like they have a monopoly.

only thing you can do is ISF polish the gears and go to a billet centre plate, next step is the big boi boxes.

Yeah! Might aswell sell it and go for a PPG straigh away instead of risiking damaging the box since the 6spd sell value almost covers half the PPG box.

On 02/08/2021 at 2:55 PM, Slirlian said:

Yeah! Might aswell sell it and go for a PPG straigh away instead of risiking damaging the box since the 6spd sell value almost covers half the PPG box.

I mean sure if you want to have to do your sequential twice go PPG.

On 09/08/2021 at 3:59 PM, Piggaz said:

What’s that worth? Can’t see a $$$$

A decent getrag H pattern 6 speed dog box would be sweet!

I think the last time I talked to Haysam at PAR when getting my 5 speed dog it was about $9 - $10k starting price. Obviously hasn't sold one in a while hence no price update, and would definitely only be made to order.

Pfitzner used to do a geaset for the Getrag but has been discontinued ages ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say one of the best pairings to the Getrag is an ATS carbon twin plate. the gearbox side clutch assembly (hub and plates) is unbelievably light. Each carbon disc weighs about 190 grams and really reduces the amount of work the syncros need to do.

caveat is if you do a lot of start stop traffic driving (cold slipping) it wears quite quickly. but once hot its a beast.