SAU Community

Buying a 370GT - some advice please.

Hey - I’m currently test driving a 2008 370GT, 112500kms on the clock. I have a 2005 350GT, with 85000 on the clock, but a couple of things are bugging me with it, so I’m “upgrading”. The asking price is NZ$12,400. 

just a couple of small things I want to ask about, have tried to google this and I keep getting brought here: 

How do I know what “type” I have? An S, SP etc?
Are the wing mirrors expensive, as the drivers side doesn’t fold in when I press the button, just the passenger side folds. 
Do the carwings systems allow for music via Bluetooth? I’m a dj and use my long drive to work to stream music - so that’s kind of “important” for me to figure a way to do that too. 

thanks, hope you can advise me. 

You can definitively find out all about the car if you go to epc-data.com & type the vehicle number in there. It will tell you which type you have plus any features from factory. Otherwise there’s a few ways to tell but they aren’t always as accurate. Half leather seats are S & full leather seats are SP I think. Bose audio is SP also but don’t quote me haha.

you’re best bet for the wing mirror would be to try to find one at the local wreckers. Prices can vary. Or buy new from amayama.com. Their prices are better than the dealers but they ship from Japan so it can take up to 6 weeks or so.

Unfortunately carwings  doesn’t work outside Japan. There are Bluetooth adaptors that work pretty well though. I have a wired rca connection to my phone as I use an obd11 Bluetooth dongle to read the output of the car

Bose audio is an option

S=sport, bigger brakes

P=premium, full leather seats

SP you get both

You can Bluetooth your phone to the car. there are videos on YouTube and threads there about how to do it.