SAU Community

R32 GTR V-spec based in NZ

Fizurg

Hey guys, I’ve been a long term lurker on this site and finally bought a black V-spec R32 GTR, with the only mods being a cat back and headunit. 
I plan to modify the car to increase performance but with mods that can be taken back to factory if I like. 
A lot of questions are likely to be about part choices at the moment so any help with that stuff would be very much appreciated. 6D9E72FC-358C-4FA4-9ED4-03C34BAF5337.thumb.jpeg.cf697b0a2119bddca550eb3c7016e705.jpeg1BCE05BB-0D3F-46A2-A8E4-4655BD8693C6.thumb.jpeg.4e139ab4f5ff9bb0391041370207c580.jpeg

On 12/08/2021 at 10:56 PM, Matty George said:

Beautiful ride bro. I have a 93 model and did the same thing with -9’s. At 490 hp with cams, gears on a haltech pnp. Enjoy bro performance is amazing from RB26’s

That’s pretty much the exact combo I plan to do. 

On 13/08/2021 at 2:07 PM, Fizurg said:

What did you end up going with?

Focus on what you want. These forums are great and many lads give great advice. All I’d say is don’t have any regrets in what you do. Do it once and do it right.  I’ve seen to many throw money away by continually upgrading. I’m 43 years old and my 490 hp at the wheels is ample trust me. I wanted something streetable and it will never see a track. Smokes most things in my neighbourhood 🦾

C2DC6314-B8D9-4A5B-BA1D-C7C0621B7FF5.jpeg

On 16/08/2021 at 1:36 PM, Predator1 said:

What he said ^. Do what you want. Mine just went downhil very very quickly, its in my profile if you want to read through.

If I could do it all over again, I'd stick with a built 26 with around 4-450awkw.

After speaking with the guy doing the work and the guy tuning it. I’ve decided to go with a 8374. It’s way more than what I thought I would want but it seems a really good option and I can always turn down the boost I guess. 

• Like 1

On 17/08/2021 at 7:56 PM, Fizurg said:

After speaking with the guy doing the work and the guy tuning it. I’ve decided to go with a 8374. It’s way more than what I thought I would want but it seems a really good option and I can always turn down the boost I guess. 

Nice choice!  The best responding RB26 I've ever been in was a stock bottom end one running an EFR8374 - though it DID have V-Cam as well.  Head and shoulders above any other RB26 I've experienced in terms of torque/response, and was also making ~460awkw.   Great option for having a nice road setup with plenty of headroom.

Who is doing the build?

On 24/08/2021 at 10:19 AM, Lithium said:

Nice choice!  The best responding RB26 I've ever been in was a stock bottom end one running an EFR8374 - though it DID have V-Cam as well.  Head and shoulders above any other RB26 I've experienced in terms of torque/response, and was also making ~460awkw.   Great option for having a nice road setup with plenty of headroom.

Who is doing the build?

I saw some really good reviews on set ups like that. Hopefully the lack of vcam won’t affect it too much. 
mum almost through reading the EFR v2 thread. There is a lot of info in there. The internal vs external gate is interesting. Internal seems easier and cheaper and some of the people seem to swear by them, but the tuners I’m using think external is better so that’s what I will go for. I’m trying to get my head around the twin or single wastegate for the twin scroll manifold. I can see how in theory twins mean you retain a true twin scroll set up but as far as I can see, as soon as the gate opens then the twin scroll disappears and isn’t needed anyway. The tuners I’m using have said to use one wastegate. 

The engine, fitting and custom fabrication is being done by Hi-power and the tuning will be done by NDT developments. Both in Auckland. They were companies recommended to me. 

• Like 1