SAU Community

Which exhaust?

Buy two fat muffler and get an exhaust shop to make a custom one up for you.

You can buy a turbo cat back but it will sound as good as a fart cannon, so better off going to a parts store and buying a fart cannon and installing that instead (cheaper).

Hi,
Thank you for the answers :-)
I send message to nengun about that exhaust and sadly it wont fit(plug an play).
But i can buy the end of the HKS muffler and rest of it i can do with custom :-)

I know it is a long shot but this sound is nice.
Anyone try to guess what this should be? Sounds exactly how i want it. I try to message the guy but he do not reply :-/ 

On 8/31/2021 at 4:39 PM, Kapr said:

Hi,
Thank you for the answers 🙂
I send message to nengun about that exhaust and sadly it wont fit(plug an play).
But i can buy the end of the HKS muffler and rest of it i can do with custom 🙂

I know it is a long shot but this sound is nice.
Anyone try to guess what this should be? Sounds exactly how i want it. I try to message the guy but he do not reply 😕

Just sounds like an NA RB. Just like an NA RB.

@GoHashiriyathank you i will check them out 🙂
@GTSBoy yeah i know but with custom exhaust...the stock NA RB(with stock exhaust) do not sound like that 😕
I know just from the sound only...but i was curious if any would guess what type of exhaust it is(muffler delete or straight pipe etc)
IMHO it sounds like Silent type 🙂 

Just to back GTSBoy up here, what OP is hearing is a placebo. Mufflers don't REALLY (they do a little, but honestly not much) change the sound of any exhaust, though they do change the volume.

ALL RB's sound similar. Indistinguishable. You'd get more difference out of changing the cams, or manifold, which noone really does. (for purely sound reasons). It comes as a byproduct of turbo/performance which aren't the issue here.

Sometimes there's not a lot of search results because it became kinda self apparent 18 years ago. The differences you're likely hearing between videos etc are far more likely to be mostly caused by the quality of the recording equipment and how that's been setup.

@Kinkstaah I know about the different sounds and quality but this is the only "good" one with same engine as mine.
I do not know what he has in that car but from many videos i saw it should only be the exhaust.
I have the "boring" twin stock and that not sound like that.
Sadly i cant just try different cuz as you know...GTT let alone GTR have different type and far as i know iam the only one in the country with this type of a car(R34 with RB20DE NEO).

Best i can do is to buy HKS but only the rear muffler (for the looks) and rest will be custom made.

There are literally thousands of different types of mufflers available on the internet. One being branded hks isn’t going to be any better then one branded magnaflow for example 

forget buying a branded one. Just go to the local exhaust shop, tell them the size of exhaust and style of muffler you want and that’s the end of the story 

listening to different videos will sound different depending on what sort of device you are watching it on,( mobile, tv, sound system etc) the quality of the device used to record said video. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 6:03 AM, UWISSH! said:

There are literally thousands of different types of mufflers available on the internet. One being branded hks isn’t going to be any better then one branded magnaflow for example 

forget buying a branded one. Just go to the local exhaust shop, tell them the size of exhaust and style of muffler you want and that’s the end of the story 

listening to different videos will sound different depending on what sort of device you are watching it on,( mobile, tv, sound system etc) the quality of the device used to record said video. 

For the OP's purpose, yes just get any decent muffler you can afford, doesn't have to be JDM fanboi brands.

In reality the sound can slightly differ between them though.

Quality of packing, How the packing is wound, Type of packing (Fibreglass wool, ceramic wool, stainless wool) can change the sound of a muffler. Hell, even the size and shape of the perforated tubing inside the muffler can change the note. Some are high pitched, some are deep and smooth, and some will blow the ass end out when you 2step limiter at the local cars and coffee.

Personally for a Non turbo, try find one that has a smooth deep tone, which would be your large oval shaped mufflers like Magnaflow, Xforce etc. The fart cannon will sound shit.

Edited by djvoodoo
adding info
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hi...dont want to start a new topic so i ask "again".

Is anyone know if 25GT(RB25DE NEO) has same exhaust as GT(RB20DE NEO)?

I saw that i can get Kakimoto Hyper Full Mega N1 exhaust but it is only for 25GT. Model number is N31354.

Thanks for the info 🙂 

That is why iam asking...i dont know and i email couple of shops who have/had this exhaust and they do not know either...

It is kinda hard to find much info about RB20DE NEO in R34 cuz not many people had them :-) 

On 07/12/2021 at 5:29 AM, Kapr said:

Hi...dont want to start a new topic so i ask "again".

Is anyone know if 25GT(RB25DE NEO) has same exhaust as GT(RB20DE NEO)?

I saw that i can get Kakimoto Hyper Full Mega N1 exhaust but it is only for 25GT. Model number is N31354.

Thanks for the info 🙂 

It should bolt up fine, personally for na I think the stock exhaust is the best, it's just more noise & usually not a nice noise & doesn't go any better 

On 01/09/2021 at 11:59 PM, Kinkstaah said:

ALL RB's sound similar. Indistinguishable. You'd get more difference out of changing the cams, or manifold, which noone really does. (for purely sound reasons). It comes as a byproduct of turbo/performance which aren't the issue here.

interestingly (or not) the biggest change in exhaust note that I have found, apart from changing from the stock exhaust obviously, was changing to Supertech valve springs and titanium retainers (on an RB25det-onation). Immediately picked up a sharper more RB26-like sound once they were fitted.

• Confused 1