SAU Community

Track R33 GTST

I've searched and spoken to people about this but thought I'd ask here and see what replies I get. 

Have a friends dad I just finished building the engine for and fuel system. 

Engine is rb25det

Nitto I beam rods nitto pistons oil pump crank collar billit oil pump gears main studs head studs 9ltr high volume sump. Turbo is a garret gtx3076 .82ar 3" exhaust power fc z32 AFM fmic forward facing plenum 80mm tb

The car is only a track car driver is 60yrs old. 

Just wanting to know people thoughts on what sort of power and boost would you think would be keeping things safe 22psi 24psi 450rwhp 550rwhp I don't want to go wild with power but don't want to go easy either. He does a 2min10sec at the Philip island if that helps before I sorted out all sorts of problems from a shop it went to for lots of work but was never right. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks. 

IMG_20190914_125640_620.jpg

Wwhich should make for a nice drive around both Phillip Island and Sandown. 300kw will probably lead to traction issues at tighter tracks like Winton so big rear tyres, good 1.5 way diff centre etc will help. Larger brakes for the front will help with longer runs too

Once you get near 400kw and over stuff starts breaking and getting very expensive to fix and run.

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking. It has big brakes front and rear. Sticky track tyres. It was meant to make 300kw previous from a work shop but never seemed to go like it he said. I'm hoping when I dyno it 21-22psi should get me 300-330rwkw. should be more than enough. 

On 08/09/2021 at 1:30 PM, Kinkstaah said:

If you want to (or want someone else to) enjoy driving the car, 300kw is the magic sweet spot for approximately everything as one whole cohesive car ...system.

yep i have 300kw on e85, is super manageable and fun. i mostly only use it for trackdays, 265/275 semi slicks are the go. make sure all the suspension components (coilovers, suspension arms, bushes etc.) are top notch, otherwise it gets a bit unpredictable 

• Thanks 1

On 08/09/2021 at 8:11 AM, Hpjunky said:

That's what I was thinking. It has big brakes front and rear. Sticky track tyres. It was meant to make 300kw previous from a work shop but never seemed to go like it he said. I'm hoping when I dyno it 21-22psi should get me 300-330rwkw. should be more than enough. 

I recently posted a dyno result for pretty much same setup as you; right in the 400whp mark at 21 ish psi. Not huge power but fairly usable for a circuit car IMO.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. Ok so around the 300kw mark it's on e85 track car only. Front and rear bushes are all done. Boxed front subframe strengthen lower arms adjustable top arms. Rear subframe has been braced and reinforced in arm pivot points and hicas delete. Runs nankang sportnex ar-1 semi slicks 235/45r17 front and 255/40r17 rear. Should be getting it on the dyno for him at the end of the month and see what numbers it comes up with. IMG_20180611_141601_193.thumb.jpg.c4d559aacae66342bf00d6100e9dbc85.jpg

IMG20190123083643.jpg

I'm running same turbo on mine (mines a stock neo though)

300kW on 98 @ 18PSI

365kW on E85 @ 25PSI

Super responsive, would definitely recommend 1.5 way diff, i have one and it still likes to step out on boost. im only running 235 tyres on the rear, hoping to change wheels in the future and put a wider stickier tyre on the back.

• Thanks 1

Ok cool. This car has always had problems was at a shop was meant to have made 317kw at 18psi on e85 but just never felt like it he said. I dynoed it before pulling the engine and it made 203 at 16psi didn't change anything. But now just running the engine in a little and getting the power fc tuned with fc edit and datalogit box it feels like it actually has power now, so will wait to see results when dynoed and I'll post the graphs here to show what the out come is. 

IMG20200606112152.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally got the car on the dyno and had good results. 424kw at the hubs on 24psi e85. Now I have the issue of excessive oil being push in to the catch can on long pulls so 1st gear all the way to the top of 4th gear and it spits out 750mls maybe more on one pull like that. So going to run a 4+ litre return to sump catch tank so it might have a hope of draining back in low speed corners. Is this what you would do or is there something else. Has  .9mm oil restrictors in both oil feeds to the head. Any advise or just turn the boost down? 

20211104_124214.jpg