SAU Community

370GT Exhaust (Invidia Gemini)

G’day all, just bought a 370GT and looking at this stainless Invidia Gemini system. When I bought the car it had a straight through system (had the resonators and muffler removed) that sounded filthy. Got them put back on and now it is stock (even more filthy).

First question; How do you guys rate this system?

Second question; Any recommendations as to where I could pick up a system other than EBay (preferably in SA)

I’m also looking at short ram intakes, any issues with bolting a set straight on? Or will it need to be tuned after putting them on? Any recommendations on a set that are good value and do the trick?

thanks all,

I think invidia have an Aus based warehouse so they should able to help you out. Alternatively try jdmaccessories etc or another jam parts store. If you don’t mind a slightly longer wait, buy from the states.

Stock intakes with high flow panel filters & silicone upper tubes perform exceptionally well. Better than short rams & on par with long tubes, for half the price. Short ram intakes suck the hot air from the engine bay, reducing performance.

Congrats on your new purchase 👍

If it's more about producing a tasteful note, I recommend just replacing the muffler like I did, with a Megan Racing one. It's half the cost and has a very tasteful note that even old geezers would appreciate. I had to get my exhaust guy to cut off and replace those ricey burnt titanium tips with regular oval chrome tips.

But, as Paul just said, beauty is in the ear of the beholder.