SAU Community

Aeroflow Boosted 6662 Turbo

Stixbnr32

This response may be controversial, but I'll get the ball rolling with it as at least it is an answer/some conversation :)

This is basically a pretty solid copy of a Garrett Gen2 GTX3582R, and basically the same copy is sold under different branding as a Pulsar GTX3582R Gen2 - funnily enough.

As such I'd consider using G2 GTX3582R information as a general guide of what you can expect flow wise from these (they're solid!) but also spool wise.  Realistically it's a pretty "big" turbo, definitely laggier than the previous 3582s you could get.  Depends really on what you are looking for power wise, how much lag you're willing to live with (realistically all in after 4500rpm on a RB26) and that general kind of thing.

That is FAR better response than the -5s i run now and on highboost am maxing those suckers at 430kw at rear wheels and 11.1@127mph on the 1/4 with 225 goodyear eagle d5's on haha.

I am liking the sound of this turbo to be honest.

On 21/09/2021 at 10:13 AM, Stixbnr32 said:

That is FAR better response than the -5s i run now and on highboost am maxing those suckers at 430kw at rear wheels and 11.1@127mph on the 1/4 with 225 goodyear eagle d5's on haha.

I am liking the sound of this turbo to be honest.

To be fair, "after 4500rpm" is pretty open ended haha.  The power versus response on the "6662" I would expect to be a fair bit better, but would expect it to be a reasonable amount lazier in the lower rpm than -5s - yours seems laggy, even for those.  Are you actually looking for more response, more power, or a good combo?

I have in my head you're Kiwi/NZ based?   I'd consider talking to @infomotive as he is a NZ based Pulsar turbo dealer, and already has a fair bit of direct experience with running these turbos on RBs so can probably give you some realistic expectations on the G2 GTX3582R spec thing in terms of power/response or other suggestions.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2021 at 8:13 PM, Stixbnr32 said:

You are correct Auckland based.

Just want a good return on going single - after a "good combo".

Cool i will contact Infomotive.

Let us know what you decide on, and how it goes :)

• 2 weeks later...