SAU Community

Mounting Haltech Elite 2000 - GTR R32

oktaytrz

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone with a similar ECU can show me how they have mounted their ECU's. (Haltech Elite 2000 or 2500).

The only mounting kit I could find is from the below website. If anyone else is doing the mounting kits in Australia, please let me know.

https://shop.ostdyno.com/shop/shop/nissan-skyline/engine-management/r32-skyline-haltech-elite-mounting-kit/

Thank you

On 26/09/2021 at 2:42 PM, joshuaho96 said:

Thanks mate. 

The first link is for small Haltech Platinum and other similar ECU's. Elite 2000 and 2500 are chunkier and the 2nd link is for the R33's. 

Edited by oktaytrz
correction

On 27/09/2021 at 8:50 AM, GTSBoy said:

2 or 3 bits of sheetmetal, bent with some holes thrown into them.

There. Does that help?

f**k!

Pretty much this ^ We run a 2000 and 2500 Elite in the R32s, they're mounted under the glovebox on an aluminium plate. We attach a piece of angle on the front side to pick up the 2 glovebox hinge bolts and a small 90 deg bracket on the rear which picks up a rear bolt, using 4mm nutserts as captive threads for the ECU fixing. Mounted like this has enough room for the plug and play harness to come out of the ECU, go over the kick panel and screw into your existing factory ECU harness.

I've seen the kits that pick up the same points, which cost like $150+, but it only mounts the ECU ! You are better off mounting it on a made up plate as you can also mount your wideband controller to it too as we have done. For reference this is in the white 32:

IMG_20201212_141336_5.thumb.jpg.baefadfcedf3b29d627c25856cddf15d.jpg

Definitely better off to make your own.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2021 at 11:20 AM, BK said:

Pretty much this ^ We run a 2000 and 2500 Elite in the R32s, they're mounted under the glovebox on an aluminium plate. We attach a piece of angle on the front side to pick up the 2 glovebox hinge bolts and a small 90 deg bracket on the rear which picks up a rear bolt, using 4mm nutserts as captive threads for the ECU fixing. Mounted like this has enough room for the plug and play harness to come out of the ECU, go over the kick panel and screw into your existing factory ECU harness.

I've seen the kits that pick up the same points, which cost like $150+, but it only mounts the ECU ! You are better off mounting it on a made up plate as you can also mount your wideband controller to it too as we have done. For reference this is in the white 32:

IMG_20201212_141336_5.thumb.jpg.baefadfcedf3b29d627c25856cddf15d.jpg

Definitely better off to make your own.

Thanks mate, when I fly back home I will have a go at making my own bracket. Ill post an update here.