SAU Community

R32 GTR (& GTS4 & largely GTSt) Wiring Diagram Scans

GTSBoy

After much whining over the years over the quality/readability of the wiring diagrams in the age old pdf scan of the R32 GTR workshop manual, I pulled my copy out and ran it over the scanner.

Now, it's not perfect. My paper sheets are assembled from photocopies of the originals that I had to tape together. So there are slight discontinuities here and there. On top of that, I had to scan my long taped together sheets as A4 segments and reassemble them on screen, which involved rotating some parts by little angles like 0.15°. But they are pretty good. On top of that, I have left jpgs of the raw individual scanned parts for each numbered assembled scan so you can see the points where they join without any little artefacts caused by my manual stitching.R32 GTR Wiring Diags.zip

The quality of the scan is much better than the old pdf, but there is only so much detail that can be pulled out of the original photocopy. Most of the wiring numbers and colours that were hard to read before are a better, but some remain fairly hard to see. I tried 600dpi scans and it didn't help at all. This is about as good as it gets unless someone scans an original.

*update Jan 2024*

Thanks to GTSBoy for the previous photocopy scans and suggestion on how to obtain higher quality scans. I actually have the original printed manual and have finally scanned the wiring pages from it.

R32-wiring-hi-res.zip

The quality is better than was available from the photocopies and pretty much everything is readable if you zoom in far enough; it is only some of the physical wiring pin references that are a little hard to read (which is true in the printed original too).

Edited by Duncan
Update with higher quality scans
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Thanks on behalf over everyone who will use these but never consider that someone put in the time to do them :) These copies are definitely much better than the ones in the pdf

I do actually have the original originals that I could scan too, but as you described I don't really know the best way to deal with the very wide fold out pages.  If anyone has suggestions on a way to get a better outcome let me know and I can give it a go.

Wow that makes a huge difference. The wire labelling is so much clearer, makes everything easier to follow.

I'll be printing these out to replace my dogeared prints of the old pdf/scan.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by alexj

The time is worth it to simplify future efforts to help peeps on here.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:54 PM, Duncan said:

If anyone has suggestions on a way to get a better outcome let me know and I can give it a go.

You just have to scan them on any A4 (or better, A3) flatbed in pieces with enough overlap to allow reassembly and keeping them dead straight. Gray scale 300dpi will do. Then assemble in a graphics program like the Gimp. I tried using stitching software but it can't cope - it's designed for photo panoramas.

If you want to put the time into scanning the original, you could upload them to OneDrive/Google/whatever and I'll stitch them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Duncan pinned this topic
  • 11 months later...

OK, so if you haven't seen in the first post, per GTSBoy's suggestion I have done high res scans form the original printed manual (instead of the photocopy which is not the same quality)

Zip file of the all diagrams (excludes Oz specific, they are in the first post if you need them)

R32-wiring-hi-res.zip

C-1 Logical Wiring diagram (better for understanding)

image.jpeg

W-1 Physical Wiring diagram (if you are trying to physically trace something)

image.jpeg

RB26DETT Physical wiring diagram

image.jpeg

W-3 ATTESSA physical wiring

image.jpeg

W-4 Door physical wiring

image.jpeg

W-5 HICAS physical wiring

image.jpeg

W-6 Air con physical wiring
image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was very high tech :) Officeworks A3 scanner at 300dpi black and white, then stitch each A3 scan together manually in paint. It has worked pretty OK, you can see the folds in some early scans but I back folded the later ones and they were OK 

• Thanks 1