SAU Community

R33 TPS help

Hey all 

Have a faulty TPS just wondering does anyone have a spare tps see photo below?

tried googling part numbers but I can’t find one with same numbers on it

came off a r33

any info would be greatly appreciated..I am in no way a mechanic 

5D0B297C-3B04-439B-9F15-82AB8A8AD34A.jpeg

FBE223B9-F553-47FC-8544-BFB6E60F94CE.jpeg

R33 what ?,  as that looks like a GTR one. That is not the part number on it by the way.

Why, are you sure it's faulty? What is it not doing - like can't get 0.5v at throttle closed or not deflecting to 4v + at full throttle ?

Anyway I have a GTR one here if required.

Thanks very much for the reply

its off a r33 gtst rb3026

Drove the car yesterday and it won’t rev past 3k.. on the laptop the tps gauge is not moving at all. Spoke to engine builder he logged on and had a look and said something about 0.01v and it’s not changing or something while driving or anything

So just to clarify are you saying that the number is wrong on the back of that sensor in the photo?

or that number isn’t a part number it’s just a random number for something else?

Does your tps look similar? Same rotation etc?

again thanks for the info really appreciate it

On 03/10/2021 at 10:07 PM, BK said:

R33 what ?,  as that looks like a GTR one. That is not the part number on it by the way.

Why, are you sure it's faulty? What is it not doing - like can't get 0.5v at throttle closed or not deflecting to 4v + at full throttle ?

Anyway I have a GTR one here if required.

Drove the car yesterday and it won’t rev past 3k.. on the laptop the tps gauge is not moving at all. Spoke to engine builder he logged on and had a look and said something about 0.01v and it’s not changing or something while driving or anything

So just to clarify are you saying that the number is wrong on the back of that sensor in the photo?

or that number isn’t a part number it’s just a random number for something else?

again thanks for the info really appreciate it

On 04/10/2021 at 9:25 AM, sic33r said:

again thanks for the info really appreciate it

Yeah that's a random internal Nissan number, not a part number. So yeah that TPS is a GTR 32 -34 RB26 one as I have, as it has the two little locking locators for the throttle closed switch locking wire clip.

If it's at 0.01v constantly yeah that's bad, as it is supposed to be at around 0.5v at 0% throttle and linearly rises to about 4v at 100% throttle as it is a 0 - 5v signal. This is all testable with the engine off changing the state of the throttle position.

Continuity of the 3 signal wires which has the 5v +, 0v and signal v from ECU to the 3 pin should be checked first - you may have a break in your tps cable.

On 04/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, BK said:

Yeah that's a random internal Nissan number, not a part number. So yeah that TPS is a GTR 32 -34 RB26 one as I have, as it has the two little locking locators for the throttle closed switch locking wire clip.

If it's at 0.01v constantly yeah that's bad, as it is supposed to be at around 0.5v at 0% throttle and linearly rises to about 4v at 100% throttle as it is a 0 - 5v signal. This is all testable with the engine off changing the state of the throttle position.

Continuity of the 3 signal wires which has the 5v +, 0v and signal v from ECU to the 3 pin should be checked first - you may have a break in your tps cable.

Thanks for the reply

yeah that makes sense, thanks very much.

The mechanic made me turn the car off and then put the foot flat and nothing changed still at 0.01v

Has a new loom in it. New wires to tps etc see photo. It run sweet on dyno and test drive afterwards. I went to go for first drive yesterday, warmed it up around town then went to give it a bit of a squirt and yeah wouldn’t let me go anything over 3k revs

As for the rotation is yours the same in the picture? is so I’ll be keen to buy if your keen to sell.

2F6B24BD-804F-4941-A678-8D171532C5D8.jpeg

On 04/10/2021 at 12:02 PM, BK said:

Yes same, it's an RB26 one.

Ok no worries had a look online at the rb26 ones and the arrow is going clockwise not anti close use. 

ill pm you for price etc if that’s ok?

Sorry didn't read the above ^

Correct, RB26 is clockwise.

On 04/10/2021 at 10:32 AM, BK said:

Yes same, it's an RB26 one.

Nope. Physically externally the same but with a counter clockwise instead of clockwise rotation.

Automatic ADM R31 / VL RB30 TPS.

I think I now need glasses...