SAU Community

Rs4 sluggish all of a sudden

SLIXK

Just recently got one of these cars and the 2nd day of driving it I noticed a bit of difference when pulling in first and 2nd it’s not as fast as the first day of driving it around it kind of feels sluggish in first gear from 4K revs even in neutral it doesn’t spike from when the turbo is supposedly supposed to kick in. Stock everything.. any ideas ? Cars 60K on clock atm 

Edited by SLIXK

they aren't that fast, so maybe the initial inaccurate feeling of speed has worn off. In fact  stock they are slow and many cars will dust them easily.

it is extremely hard to believe the 60K's on the clock.

what the f**k does

On 10/4/2021 at 9:39 PM, SLIXK said:

in neutral it doesn’t spike from when the turbo is supposedly supposed to kick in

mean?

anyways, welcome to the site, i hope we can sort out your car.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 1:22 AM, Ben C34 said:

what the f**k does

On 10/5/2021 at 12:09 AM, SLIXK said:

in neutral it doesn’t spike from when the turbo is supposedly supposed to kick in

mean?

Saying on first day of boosting it would red line quick in neutral and the next it wasn’t as fast and underwhelming.. even my friend I took for a boost on the first day noticed a it wasn’t pulling as hard .. I know it’s stock but it definitely feels sluggish atm. I’ve had a similar problem with my evo 3 a few years ago but never had it looked at before I sold it it was also at 70Kms .. and the car is genuinely 60kms tho first owner imported to nz

On 10/5/2021 at 10:41 AM, GTSBoy said:

You mean genuinely wound back whilst still in Japan, right?

The last time any 20+ year old Nissan still had 60k on it was, well, about 20+ years ago.

Where are you from? We get early imports with these miles all the time 🤷‍♂️

Like 99% of SAU members, I am from Australia. We've been importing these cars from Japan since the mid 90s and we all know that these cars have routinely had their mileage wound back since the very beginning of the trade. it is quite literally an article of faith in the trade.

I would sooner believe in the tooth fairy than in a genuine low mileage ex-Japan Nissan import.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 8:48 PM, GTSBoy said:

Like 99% of SAU members, I am from Australia. We've been importing these cars from Japan since the mid 90s and we all know that these cars have routinely had their mileage wound back since the very beginning of the trade. it is quite literally an article of faith in the trade.

I would sooner believe in the tooth fairy than in a genuine low mileage ex-Japan Nissan import.

Damn okay 😩