SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Clutch Master, Slave,Hose

Ant tips or things I should look out for when changing out these three?

Also is the damper delete just bypassing it? No need to cap anything off?

Thanks for all the knowledge and help here. 

yeah, even with the direct hose the clutch can be a bit of a pain to bleed, but at least it isn't impossible any more. you may need to let it gravity feed for a while to get some pedal feel

On 07/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, NCred02 said:

This car has been a great project. There's always something to do  

I wish the opposite for mine, for me it's been a bad project and there's always something that is broken LOL

I dream of a car that can be used, doesn't break with nothing to do!

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 11:18 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I wish the opposite for mine, for me it's been a bad project and there's always something that is broken LOL

Oh it breaks then we fix

On 07/10/2021 at 2:18 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Off topic but my BMW has been flawless, 75,000 km. B48 is a good engine :D :D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 08/10/2021 at 6:11 PM, niZmO_Man said:

Off topic but my BMW has been flawless, 75,000 km. B48 is a good engine :D :D

This is the reality, everyone says they're unreliable but at the track it's always the Nissans being spannered on and the BMWs are just carving up laps.

To be fair mine is a FWD hatch that I share with my mum. I wouldn't track it haha. But the point is you get into a modern performance car and drive instead of fixing 30 years old stuff. Especially now that 90's JDM cars and parts have shot up dramatically.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• All the Pro and Comp series IC are made to order. Unfortunately not off the shelf as you would think. I waited 2 months for mine LOL...
    • Thanks mate, great advice. I just need to try and get one by the end of November now.. it can't hurt doing both and taking outside air in from the bumper or something like that.
    • Hey man its been a very long time since i've been on the thread sorry man. Really good to see your car getting along, sounds like a lot of effort and love has been put into it. Currently my car is regoed in victoria as a non turbo from before the conversion lol, so that front mount might cause a bit of suspicion. All the work to the motor was carried out by rajab racing down here in melb, and its a bloody ripper of an engine. Has the beautiful iconic turbo dose. Still currently running the factory 5 speed gearbox so we'll see how long that holds up. Currently only making about 140kw on pretty low boost, once a stronger gearbox and possibly internals are bought and installed im hoping for around the 200-250kw mark. Car goes hard for what it is, extremely fun to drive. Here are some photos, will post some more exterior and interior ones soon if you like. Only exterior change is installed black ti wheels because they look much better than the silo wheels on the white car. 
    • Half the kit is here so got a start. Just jap rears from eBay here in a few days, sleeka spares front kit direct from them, still stuck in Melbourne (rom SA) since the 22nd =\ Realised I do not have a 36mm socket so couldn't remove the rear hub, which is the half of the kit I have. Plan was to disconnect the arms to swivel the knuckle down to remove drive shaft and get access to the bolts at the back, after disconnecting them all the thought occurred to me that I can probably just disconnect the shalf at the diff and push it out of the hub instead and leave the arms, oh well.  Do have a 30mm so prep'd the front. In love with new impact gun, in love with hoist, in love with small 12v power ratchet, Wish I had bought some of this years ago, makes life and working on the car so much nicer.  Car looking even sadder now.
    • Plazmaman Pro or Hypertune are the go. Plazmaman more likely available straight off the shelf and a bit cheaper.   In all honesty, I would do the intercooler before you do too much else. Airboxes arent as essential as a lot believe, they do make a difference and they help and given they're fairly cheap and simple to make its not a terrible idea, but - an airbox isn't going to bring 60° charge temps down very much at all. 80° ambient temperature at the pod filter isn't terrible, your turbo is going to be heating the charge air a lot more than that. So your intercooler sounds horrendously inefficient.  Cold air intakes from outside the engine bay are also unnecessary, the positive lift and drag you cause by doing that is more harmful to performance than warm IAT's. Unless you can duct air in from an existing opening in your front bumper. But in reality there is already plenty of cold air going to your pod filter, these engine bays are not stagnant pockets of hot air, there is plenty of movement in there. Get good intercooler, fit that, go for a retune. If your intake temps are still up over 50°, then think about making an airbox and fitting a water sprayer etc. But I bet you'll find a Plazmaman Pro cooler has your charge temps back down around the low 40's