SAU Community

R34 Sedan RB25DE blowing smoke from engine block.

So I have a 1998 R34 Sedan Auto RB25DE, I just recently changed the coolant. I unscrewed the bung from the side of the block as well as the bung on the underside of the radiator. Drained all the coolant and screwed the bungs back on. Filled up the coolant, but it didn't take the required 9.4 litres of coolant. So I've been running the engine until operating temp and then shutting it down until it cools, and then I pour more coolant in. And just today I took it for a short 10min drive and when I got back there was white smoke coming from the left side of the block near the coolant bung. Any ideas?

Thanks.

On 13/10/2021 at 1:46 PM, Duncan said:

Is the bung in properly (ie not leaking) and /or is the smoke just old coolant coming off the exhaust?

I'm about to check the bung now. With the smoke it only happens when I take it for a drive, I've let it idle for ten minutes before and no smoke.

On 13/10/2021 at 4:45 PM, GoHashiriya said:

Did you get a new bung? When I did mine it was pretty manky looking and wouldn't back screw-in properly. I managed to get it to seal (for now) and tighten up to about 25-30nm but I have since bought a new one with the intention of replacing it.

Where did you get a new bung? Had a quick look on google and couldn't find anything.