SAU Community

Has anyone steam cleaned their GTR R33 seats?

sonic99

I'm considering hiring a steam cleaning machine and cleaning my R33 GTR seats myself. Has anyone done this before and how did they turn out? I'm afraid of damaging the adhesive that's holding the fabric to the foam...

Also, any tips on best shampoo and/or where to hire the steam cleaning machine from would be appreciated.

I got one of these, for a couple of hundered bucks it's a handy thing in the garage

images.jpeg-3.jpg.f8261229d7bb7adaaa068580184cb30a.jpgSCA_618499_hi-res.thumb.jpg.7edefc6714625abe7dc43bbc182d279a.jpg

I've done my VX and the girls girls seats and carpet, and the boys Nissan patrol seats, a ex cop car so they were filthy

Works best if you do it in 2 stages, 1st is a good spray and light vacuum to get some chemicals in there, 2nd is a lighter spray and longer vacuum to suck out all the crud. Don't let it dry between stages 

Works a treat, hell, we've used it on the whole lounge and spots on the carpet in the house

I would wait till the temps increase a bit more, after cleaning just leave the doors and windows open if possible, or in a garage with a fan blowing thru the car

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1