SAU Community

Mods

G’day. I am about to buy a 370GT V36 Coupe, and I was browsing around the web for good modifications to make to the car. So far I have only been able to zero in on the UpRev ECU Flash. Other than that I am in all sorts. With the exhaust system, I am looking for something that’ll give a great sporty sound with not too much drone, as well as giving an additional boost of power to the car. And with the intake, I am looking for the one that can give the best performance. As you guys are knowledgeable at this stuff, I thought I’d shoot the question. Also any other mods that would make the car better would be much appreciated. Thanks

On 4/11/21 at 2:47 PM, GTSBoy said:

The best exhaust modification is a GT35 turbine.

Cheers mate! Only thing is it’s a bit out of my budget at the moment, was looking for something like an aftermarket exhaust system that sounds good, like the HKS hi power exhaust, and gives decent power boosts

20kW is not a "decent power boost". Barely noticeable.

I'm not suggesting that you don't spend (actually waste) money on putting an exhaust on it. But even the best extractors and exhaust only add a little power. The sound changes, which tends to convince everyone that it is going faster, even if it is not actually doing so.

You need cams, porting, plenum development, ideally more compression, etc etc, to make a significant increase on a modern NA engine. And almost no-one does any of that these days because it's horribly expensive relative to the gains.

• Like 2

On 4/11/21 at 6:03 PM, GTSBoy said:

20kW is not a "decent power boost". Barely noticeable.

I'm not suggesting that you don't spend (actually waste) money on putting an exhaust on it. But even the best extractors and exhaust only add a little power. The sound changes, which tends to convince everyone that it is going faster, even if it is not actually doing so.

You need cams, porting, plenum development, ideally more compression, etc etc, to make a significant increase on a modern NA engine. And almost no-one does any of that these days because it's horribly expensive relative to the gains.

To be honest mate, exhaust wise I’m looking to get something that’ll sound really good, not that much looking for power, but if it can come with I’m cool with it. So if you guys would have any tips to make the car sound great and maybe even add a little bit of power, that would be perfect

As someone who has done it before, don’t do headers unless you are flush with cash. Headers on these engines are quite good from factory. Intakes, high flow cats & a cat-back exhaust is enough for most people. Do your mods first then tune. Good luck mate & enjoy the rabbit hole 😁

On 11/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, GTSBoy said:

The best exhaust modification is a GT35 turbine.

Where do you fit it in our cramped engine bays? Forget what our buddy in Aussie Shed did. I'm not going through any of that pain. No way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 9:58 PM, Danyal said:

G’day. I am about to buy a 370GT V36 Coupe, and I was browsing around the web for good modifications to make to the car. So far I have only been able to zero in on the UpRev ECU Flash. Other than that I am in all sorts. With the exhaust system, I am looking for something that’ll give a great sporty sound with not too much drone, as well as giving an additional boost of power to the car. And with the intake, I am looking for the one that can give the best performance. As you guys are knowledgeable at this stuff, I thought I’d shoot the question. Also any other mods that would make the car better would be much appreciated. Thanks

If it helps mate Theres power to be made for sure, not to undermine people but the vq37 is underrated for NA.

Stock you'll put down about 190-195rwkw.

If you get headers, CAI, HFC and a tune you'll actually get about 230rwkw through an auto

We had a guy up here in qld get a Z1 VQ37 Intake Plenum and through the 5AT he made 236rwkw. 

for me, i had just a Catback and CAI, Went from 195rwkw to 218rwkw. 

• Like 2