SAU Community

Best chemical to clean leather steering wheel?

sonic99

I have had great results with The Cat soap. It is called Le Chat Savon de Marseille. I have no idea of availability in AU but I am sure there are similar products. The one I used is non-scented. I am guessing it is just pure "Marseille style" soap with no nonsense added.

Used a piece of moist wax sponge to first rub the soap a bit and then rub the steering wheel. Then a wet towel to rinse the soap off. I didn't know my steering wheel had red stitching.. and the texture of the leather changed for the better too (matte).

• Thanks 1

On 07/11/2021 at 12:45 PM, tsuokun said:

I have had great results with The Cat soap. It is called Le Chat Savon de Marseille. I have no idea of availability in AU but I am sure there are similar products. The one I used is non-scented. I am guessing it is just pure "Marseille style" soap with no nonsense added.

Used a piece of moist wax sponge to first rub the soap a bit and then rub the steering wheel. Then a wet towel to rinse the soap off. I didn't know my steering wheel had red stitching.. and the texture of the leather changed for the better too (matte).

Cheers for the tip! I ended up using diluted dishwashing liquid in distilled water and a soft toothbrush! Worked to perfection and didn’t coat a thing!